Welcome to the forum

8am Sat 8 Nov

edited November 2014 in Club runs
Up for another adventure... 75-85 miler. Getting tad colder and wetter so sensibly an easier pace.
Maybe mudguards and long leggings. Weather looking ok in the morning at the mo.

Comments

• Sadly can't do Saturday this week. Sunday funday for me and the Lad.
    Maybe next week.
  • edited November 2014
    Sounds good to me. Time for the winter bike ... which means that I'll be slower (even if nobody else is)
  • aiming to be there
  • Will try to make this ride - do you meet at the Three Tuns at 8am?
  • edited November 2014
    Yes… Three Tons at 8am.
    We always stop for a coffee somewhere.
    Back normally 12.30 -1pm ish
  • Have a good ride. Won't be able to join you for a few weeks.
  • Robbie

Wonders will never cease i am of work till monday so will join you again Saturday which way you heading .
    When you know just post it for me.

Ta strappy
  • Any thoughts on a route? How about heading out to one of the trendy cycling caf
  • Just to be safe... see all riders at 8am. Last wk we decided where to go on the day.
    Where's the Hub? Sounds good. Know the route and how far?
  • http://hubcoffeebikes.com

It is in Redbourne near Harpenden. We could do loop out via Hexton, Lilley, Whitwell, Kimpton, Harpenden? Return via roads yo the east of Stevo? I'm familiar with the roads to Kimpton. Beyond that a bit dodgy.

Happy to go with a tried and tested CCA route.
  • Sounds good. Like the idea of adventures!
  • Robbie

My back was giving me some grief yesterday but has eased off today so should be ok for tomo route sounds fine .
    if your heading towards hexton hill
  • and i will pedal over and tail off when we go past/ near hitchin :-)
  • Cool. And yes Strappy we'll head that way.
  • Not sure I have time tomorrow. Work to do plus out late tonight and have a work network in cambridge at 1.45pm tomorrow so I think I'd better decline the ride. Will try for Sunday instead. Have a good one.
  • edited November 2014
    Good that! Big thanks to Jeremy for navigating

I logged 68 miles at 16.3mph. Perfick winter bike riding ... with 1200m climbing, just to keep things from getting too gentle :)

Sympathy vote goes to Martin for losing not only a light but his Oakleys too. Although it does give him an excuse to revisit The Hub. He's not daft
  • Bad luck Martin. Good ride tho... And good company!
  • Really enjoyable ride and a great way to start the weekend. Thought we all rode well together on the busier toads around Harpenden. My first trip to the Hub - hopefully not the last.

I had 79 miles on the clock including my trip out to Ashwell at a tad under 16mph. A good steady Winter speed.

Should be out next week.
  • Harpenden is of course known for it's busy toads. I often see them wandering around in suits with briefcases shouting into mobile phones on my rides out that way.

Lovely ride this morning, lucky to catch the weather before it got a bit rubbish.

Skelders. No punctures? You okay?
  • FDFD
    edited November 2014
    How do you know they were busy toads and not energetic frogs?

If they were moving frenetically near the local hostelries they were probably newts....

.....the area around Harpenden and Kimpton is chock full of amphibians, hopping around the place!!
  • I know!! Miracle!

Great ride :-)