Welcome to the forum

Club night, Tues 2nd Dec, from 8pm, Three Tuns

edited November 2014 in General
It was great to see so many people last month. This month...

Kit

Your last chance to get you and yours some cosy arm warmers or cap or short sleeve top under the tree this Xmas.

Slow bike challenge
In the car park. From about 8.45pm. A few elimination rounds and a final. The winner will receive a super special little bottle of homemade Guilden Morden Sloe Gin. Geddit?? Made from hand picked sloes from the hedgerows from around Guilden.

'Watts' What? Quiz Sheet!
A festive cycling related quiz sheet people can have a go at themselves in among the evening's banter. By our very own Mrs Watts.

and

Maynard Masterclass™
On-the-road gear adjusting masterclass with Richard.

Puncture Repair Race
For December, there's a new challenge for each of these sessions. A bit like that Top Gear thing where they drive a car around and build a chart of who's the quickest. How quickly can you replace an inner tube and pump it up??? It will cost the price of a pint to enter and get your name on the leaderboard. There'll be a prize at the end of every season for the quickest replacer, and the quickest pumper. We will be using the same wheel/tyre/pump combo to make it all fair.

Lots happening - I hope to see you all there in the back room at the Three Tuns. The fun starts approx 8pm.

Comments

• I will be there from just after 8pm.

if you ordered kit please come along and pick it up, if you cant make it e mail me and will see what can be arranged, can do a pick up from my office in Stevenage Mon to Fri office hours.

I will update the stock on here later in the week so you know what kit there is.

Kit
  • The Three Tuns have officially endorsed the Slow Bike Challenge for Tuesday evening. They'll have it coned off especially for us.

Wanna get some practice in? It will be run at the back of the car park, I'm thinking left to right as you look down on the car park, sort of from the garden/picket fence, going a bit up hill...

8.45pm start.

All welcome. I've had it! I can only track stand on Boris bikes with their low centre of gravitron. Anyone got a Brompton I can weigh down with sandbags?

Take inspiration from last week's Revolution in Manchester.
  • Is it a BYO Slow Bike Challenge or is there a village bike we can use?
  • edited November 2014
    It's BYO... But no stabilisers, ok!?

Or borrow mine. 56 inch road bike.
  • Decided I'll bring my fixed to this: if anyone wants to use it for the slow crawl. The word is that the yoof will breeze it... If any can stay up past bedtime for it. Game on 8:45pm.

Btw... The Maynard Masterclass should be on: 'Know Your Frame Shifters'.

See you Tuesday.
  • CCA has a large collection of cycling books which have been donated in recent years. members can borrow books for as long as they want, no charge (and as a black tuesday special those rates will be reduced by 50%...)
    i'll bring the books to the club night tuesday in case anyone wants a christmas read

recommended books... heart zones cycling, in search of robert millar, fallen angel the passion of fausto coppi, reg harris the rise and fall, my time bradley wiggins

so classic kit and a look at the new race kit, track stands, a quiz, maynard masterclass, cycling books, beer, christmas
    what more could you want? see you tuesday.
  • Right then. I've had a trackstand practice on the fixed. No chance. My frame is too small to turn the wheel and balance, so I'll be bringing the 56" unfixed road bike again. Sorry if anyone was banking on the fixed.

Just opened and tasted the first batch of Guilden Morden Sloe Gin to decant the first prize. A bit sharp (picked the sloes too early, too keen), but very festive and a worthy thing to win.

Kick off, about 8.45pm.

null

Next month… "Garmins. Where are we now?". I'm looking for a Garmin whizz to talk through the dark art of gpx files and arrows pointing back the way you came. Let me know if you would like to help us all out. I might need one for the Ride Of The Three Cafes classic.

Email martin@ccashwell.com
  • edited December 2014
    Oh... The Puncture Repair Race Series will be on too. A chance to get on to the leaderboard!

And the Maynard Masterclass on frame shifters is deffo on.
  • As far as kit samples are concerned, tonight I'll bring along 3 skinsuits (s/m/l), 3 jackets (s/m/l) a race jersey and an aero race jersey, a pair of bib shorts and 2 "club fit" jerseys. It's worth having a look at these as I believe for the money they're much better than the standard endura jerseys, with elasticated grippers and a lot more (subtle) reflective bits for safety. I believe that they'll come in a fair bit cheaper than the standard jerseys from endura too.

I'm looking to get an order off ASAP so would be good to see what people think sooner rather than later.

Ta!
  • Dang it, dont think im going to make it tonight, trouble at t'mill. sorry.

If any one who will be at tomorrows cx coild pick up Neil Hardy's top that would be great.
  • edited December 2014
    Jon Chappers is our slow crawl champion.

And richard is our puncture change repair leader. Exciting!

null

null