Welcome to the forum

Monday Roller Training sessions - sign up here

edited November 2014 in General
Hi all,

This winter's Monday roller training starts on the 10th November. This is at the United Reform Church Hall in Ashwell. Rollers are an ideal tool for developing your pedaling technique and other balancing skills. Rollers are a key skill for those looking to go on to track riding/racing at Welwyn or Stratford.

We have a couple of sets of rollers that those without can borrow. The session includes a warm up, a skills session and then some interval training or a time trial. If you haven't ridden rollers before then we will help get you started.

Arrive to set up at 6:30pm, finish by 8:30pm.
£3 per person
Freewheel bikes (with gears) with a calibrated computer preferred but not essential. Track bikes are acceptable too.

Don't forget a towel and drinks
There is a kitchen for you/parents to make teas and coffees

Best wishes,
Mark.

Comments

• Hi Mark, I will be there. I have a set of rollers which I will bring but haven't used them in a while and wasn't very confident on them when I did use them so would class myself as a beginner.

Vicky
  • Great session tonight Mark. Samuel really enjoyed it, even though he was a bit wobbly at times! ;-)

Fantastic for technique and handling confidence - everyone should have a go!

J
  • Indeed, good stuff, 6 or 7 riders tonight and im sure there will be more in coming weeks. Ive got 3 sets of rollers and Mark has another 5 sets so plenty to go round. I thinks its me on duty next week. Jane, we are expecting you there!
  • Thanks for tonights session. I was pleased to find my way on the rollers again by the end of the session without leaving too many finger nails in the wall! Now looking forward to next week.
  • Just a reminder that we are on for rollers tonight. Mark is not there but i will bring 3 spare sets.
  • Tim,
    Didn't get back in time but will start coming along to rollers as from next week I hope.
  • heavy cold still so wont roller again this Monday.
  • tomorrow we will be trying this trick out. just a reminder this is for all abilities.
  • No problem, seems pretty straightforward. Will bring spare tubs......and a bouncy castle!
  • Any idea which tub that is? Not sure of the pressure being used, but it is fairly low.
  • Who wants to come next Monday - is it going to be worth me running a session?
  • I don't have work stopping me from making 22nd Dec but happy to miss if no other takers.

Vicky
  • I wont be able to do this monday.
  • Sophie and Holly will be there if its on.
  • Ok all, we are on. We have enough takers.

Mark.
  • Sorry Mark. Only Sophie now.
  • Never been on a roller but happy / keen to have a ride - are there any rollers available?

Should I put my road rear tyre on, replacing the plastic turbo tyre or is that OK?
  • Yes I will have spare rollers with me.

Probably safer to put the standard tyre back on.
  • so cute!
  • Hi all,

rollers back tomorrow so bring your Christmas presents to show off.

Mark.
  • Hopefully will be there tomorrow. Havent ridden at all over the break, been a bit laid low. Not sure i will be able to generate enough power to stay upright mind :(
  • Hope to be there but work keeps getting in the way.

Vicky
  • Hi Mark,

Is it ok if I bring Ethan on Monday, he will need to borrow a set of rollers if available.

Richard, if you are there I'd like to talk about under 10 gearing too.

Many thanks
    Scott.
  • Scott,

Yes, no problem, see you then. You can have I a go too.

Mark.
  • Thanks Mark.

If you have enough spare rollers, I'll have a go too.

Cheers
    Scott.
  • Hello Scott,

I plan on being there but work may get in the way. I'll post in the afternoon, whatever happens I hope to be there for two or three sessions depending on demand.
  • Will be there tonight, you'll need a complete bike for the process, not just a back wheel as someone once presented to me at am omnium!
  • Thanks Richard - see you there, complete bike in attendance.
  • Scott - see also my info here about setting up an Islabikes Luath 26 for Under 10 gearing: http://www.ccaforum.co.uk/comments.php?DiscussionID=2712

Mark F