Welcome to the forum

8am Sat 17 Jan (now 9am with safety check)

edited January 2015 in Club runs
Virus gone. Feeling ok.
Checked the temp and it's pretty low on Saturday.
Gonna check the roads and post

Comments

• Okeydokey - how about a 9 or 9.30 start?
  • Got other stuff going on this weekend so wont be able to make it.

See you on 24th.
  • Later start yes - suggest 9am
    But will check on Sat morning and post at 8.30am
  • I will be there, what's a little bit of poor weather.....hail rain snow bring it on!!!! Oh and not forgetting the WIND.
    Glad you are feeling better Robbie. Will monitor forum for set off time.
  • good thinking Robbie. Fingers crossed
  • Fab. A lie in.
  • Not gonna be there tmrw - got a poorly hound who needs to go to vet :-(
  • Hope it's not icy.... sleat ok. Ready for cold toes... got new boot covers!
  • Robbie, just confirming.....Will wait for confirmation from you on this forum of what we are going to do tomorrow. I will drive over so give me 25 mins to get to Ashwell if it is going ahead. Fingers crossed we will get out at some time.
  • Looking ok for 9am start. Unless rain and then ice lets confirm 9am. Will also update at 8.20am tmw. Very optimistic!
  • I won't be joining you today but thought a Royston weather update might be useful, there has been just a light frost but not too bad.
  • Looking good. I'll be there at 9.00 and will ride even if it is only 40 miles. Have a good route for an icy day. Needs care but not usually too icy. No point going for an epic if roads prove a bit slippy. Hinxworth, biggleswade, potton, Bourne, Burwash and back via wimpole. Robbie you decide on the route but I think we can do Larger B roads today.
  • edited January 2015
    Doesn't look too bad at the mo, but the worst weather is due to come through around 9-10 ie it's likely to deteriorate
    B roads definitely a wise choice
    (Not sure about this ... think I'll wait until later on, or ride tomorrow instead)
  • Looks ok. Double socks. See you 9
  • My forecast says mostly sunny and no rain but only ride if you feel comfortable with the road conditions.
  • Robbie,
    Is it still 40 miles ish leaving at 9?
    R u still going through Hinxworth, Biggleswade?
  • Five braved the cold and managed around 75m with a coffee stop and bacon sarnie in Bourn. Roads were fine with plenty of sunshine. Good gritty ride into the wind. Pete, we went through Hinxworth and Langford then old warden... must have missed you or turned off before.
  • A massive thanks to you guys today, great ride. If you haven't yet seen the spirit of the club, Then blow your legs out and see the true spirit take charge. A huge thanks to Graham for getting me back to Ashwell too.

Same next week? I promise to be on better form!!

Cake and coffee on me next time too!!

Cheers

Kieren
  • Late footie Kick off tmw- so prob out for 3 hours at 9
  • On turning up today for the ride I was dealt a body blow.....I was introduced to Kieren as a rider from Astana.
    My heart sank, the pace would be unbelievable. Maybe I could get a puncture or 2. Thankfully, before I conjured up an appropriate excuse I had misunderstood Robbie.

It was infact Kieren a DRIVER from ASTON MARTIN. A combination of a Yorkshire accent and the first signs of deafness, (my wife will say I have had it since we were married !!) caused me to initially panic.

Enjoyed the ride, weather good and you are right Kieren about the spirit of the club, that's one of the reasons I joined, long may the spirit go on.
  • I will be coming.