Welcome to the forum

MTB bits

edited January 2015 in General
Hello all...

Just a quick message to see if anybody's got any old mtb bits to get rid of. I'm building up a really old rigid forked Gary fisher frame to allow me to commute if the weather gets really bad on the bike still. At the moment I'm looking for any old bits. 26 inch wheels, knobblyish tyres, canti brakes, old 8/9 speed groupset stuff. Would be willing to part with a bit of cash but nothing high end needed! Let me know if you've got some bits hanging around the garage that are taking up space.

Ta hugely!

W

Comments

• I just bought a bike of someone else in the club for my son and completely stripped it as I only really needed the frame and have all the other bits lying around. Wheels, tyres, 8 speed shifter/brakes, v-brakes, chainset, cassette. Seeing as I only paid a tenner for the whole bike it's yours for the same amount, and if someone could tell me how to donate that to the club I will.

Dave
  • If it's any use as a donor bike I'm selling this Schwinn Moab MTB. 26" wheels, Good kit (Ritchey, SRAM X7/9 9 speed, etc). Looks great and never damaged, but most bearings need regreasing or replacing, brakes need new pads, forks need a service. £200 (which is admittedly £190 more than Dave's deal!)

Mark F

• I have all manner of "stuff" inc' 1.8 mud tyres - and lots of 29er tyres.
    No Canti brakes, they should be chopped out maybe for V brakes?
    Can you fit discs?

Shimano XT 9 speed - 32/11 - rear cassette, barely used.
    Various brakes, Hope, a CF bar, plus lots of other "stuff".

Message / email me and I'll look Monday.
  • Sounds like you and Dave have a perfect match - frame, and everything except the frame - but I also have various old bits and pieces if you still need anything.