Welcome to the forum

CCA Dinner & Trophies 2015, THIS Fri 30th Jan

edited January 2015 in General
null

Information on how to buy your tickets coming very soon. And confirmation on start time, and menu too. Last year, it was a good selection of homemade pies.

Informal and relaxed; this invite is perhaps a bit fancy-pants. What? Don't you set your table like this? With a good, solid racing geometry?

Comments

• I would like to come but I don't know if I'll still be alive!
  • Cheers Matt - I thought we could drive down in my new DeLorean with its newly serviced flux capacitor and go forward 90 years...

All fixed now: new day — Friday 30th — and new year — 2015.
  • I hope there's enough road to hit '88' between Guilden and Baldock!
  • Roads? Where we're going, we don't need… roads.
  • sounds like something a CXer would say :-)
  • edited January 2015
    Ticket details and menu coming soon, in the meantime the following have prizes to collect…

Cam Woolsey, Jackie Field, Richard Glover, Dave Wells, Anthony Morris, Will Smith, Theo Doncaster, Bryn Davies, Robbie Laughton, Jon Chapman, Carmelo Luggeri, Robert Bumstead, James Dow.
  • prizes as well as Trophies :-)
  • when can we sign up for the dinner?
  • Hi hopefully in the morning - am just awaiting confirmation on menu options... We want people to book tickets and confirm food in one go.

I'm guessing you're hungry Jon?

See you next Friday.
  • im always hungry ;)
  • edited January 2015
    Book NOW for next Friday, 30th Jan for the Club’s annual dinner and trophies presentation.
    We’ll be at the Orange Tree pub in Baldock. It was great last year: venue, food and opportunity to mix with fellow Club members.
    You need to do two things now; buy your tickets and select from the menu.

1. Buy your ticket[s]

Tickets are £20 each, for a three-course meal. Ideally, pay into the Club accounts directly by t’internet banking.
    • Sort code: 20 – 41 - 12
    • Account number: 20382167
    • Please reference the words: DINNER + your surname
    That’s that bit done. We won’t send a confirmation.

We can also accept cheques, payable to ‘Cycle Club Ashwell’ but would prefer not to as this put a strain on Club accounts. If paying by cheque, please bring on the night and hand over to Martin L.

2. Select from the menu

Select a Starter, Main, Dessert per ticket from the list below and email your choice to Martin L at martin@ccashwell.com

• STARTERS
    S1. Chapman’s Chicken Parfait Country Pork Pâté, Served with fresh brown toast and a salad garnish
    S2. Roasted Vegetable Soup, served with half a baguette [vegetarian]
    S3. Cheesy Garlic Bread, Half a baguette, lightly toasted [vegetarian]
    S4. Prawn Cocktail, served on a bed of salad with Marie Rose sauce

• MAIN COURSE
    A choice of pie with mash, vegetables and gravy:
    M1. Steak and ale
    M2. Chicken & mushroom
    M3. Chicken leek & bacon
    M4. Cod & spinach
    M5. Cheese & onion
    M6. Quorn chicken & mushroom [contains egg white and milk]
    M7. Quorn steak & ale [contains egg white and milk]
    M8. Mixed bean bake [suitable for vegans]

• DESSERT
    All served with a choice of dairy custard, cream or ice cream:
    D0. Apple Crumble
    D1. White Chocolate Cheesecake
    D2. Bread & Butter Pudding
    D3. Gluten Free Chocolate Sponge Pudding
    D4. Real Dairy Ice Cream
    D5. Cheese & Biscuits

I’m sure people will start turning up 7-7.30pm. The trophy presentations start approx 8pm and dinner approx 8.30pm. There’ll be a fun quiz along the way too: no cycling knowledge required. Well, maybe a little bit.
  • Martin........many thanks, James is including me in his payment.........can I have S1,M3 and D2 pls...

Looking forward to it! I smiled at Jons comments remembering how hungry you are at his age.
  • Just a quick head's up on tonight's fun little quiz...

Not unlike previous years, we will ask people to huddle up with their surrounding co-diners, 4-6 per team please.

There'll be a picture quiz on the tables to have a mosey with from the off, something to chew over besides the immensely popular Baldock pat
  • have a great time tonight everyone. Sorry but can't make it due to bad weather up here. Will be the first I've missed since we started them back in 2000.
  • edited January 2015
    "The winners win pride."

Is this a Pride night?
    And here's me thinking it was a black tie function; now, where's my old pink tutu?
  • edited January 2015
    Really enjoyed this.
    Well presented and great slide show (not sure about the pic of me in last place at grass track but did like Daniel gurning up the mound at the cross race) . Hope the meal and quiz went well.
    Probably stay for the full monty when the boys are a bit older
  • edited January 2015
    A few pics from last night. I thought it worked well as a Friday? If any members have any feedback for next year - email me martin@ccashwell.com

Thanks!

null

null

null

null

null

null

null
  • For the record, cup winners....

If you werent able to make it last night, i have the cups, so give me a shout to arrange collection.

Clarke cup, fastest junior in club 10, Cam Woolsey
    10 mile cup, fastest ride in club 10, Cam Woolsey
    Ladies 10, Jackie Field
    Veterans 10, Richard Glover

Northfields handicap:
    3rd, James Dow
    2nd, Robert Bumstead
    1st, Dave Wells

25 mile cup, Anthony Morris.
    Ladies 25, Jackie Field

Hill Climb, Will Smith

Senior Road Race, Carmelo Luggeri
    Junior Road Race, Theo Doncaster

senior CX, Bryn Davies
    Ladies CX, Jackie Field

Senior Merit cup, John Polak
    Junior Merit cup, Woolsey, Chapman, Doncaster, Davies.

Clubman, Robbie Laughton
  • Good work on the photos Martin, couldn't make it in the end unfortunately.

Well done winners. Thats a stonking Northfield Handicap trophy!
  • Great night with the presentations and quizmeister / human beatbox. Thanks for a reet good do.
  • Nice to see all the recognition within the club and especially great to see Robert picking up something for his sterling efforts of turning up EVERY week and giving his all and riding his socks off..... Chapeau all !!
  • Only saw it this morning...
    Great to be part of the winners line up! Wowzers. Huge surprise. Thanks CCA.
    (brightens up today after a long friday at work bashing a pitch out till late).
    Sounded like a good bash as expected.

Now let's get some miles in...
  • Well deserved Robbie as were all the other awards. Great to see the club competetive spirit rewarded in this way. Impressive Northfield award Tim.............
    Seems like it was a good do. Sorry to have missed it.
  • Lovely evening and excellent comparing Tim and Martin. Geoff you were missed but there is always next year.