Welcome to the forum

8am SATURDAY 24 JAN

edited January 2015 in Club runs
A little voice is telling me Hexton Shapenhoe Sundon Lilley..... Old Knebworth around 70-80 miler etc plus coffee stop!

Comments

• I have not been on a Saturday ride before and fancy a crack.. I live in Lower Stondon so I may ride towards you and meet you on route?
  • Will not be with you this weekend. Weather looks warmish!,,, have a good ride.
  • I too haven't been out on a 8am sat ride before. What time do you usually get back to Ashwell?
  • hoping to join you, weather looks ok?
  • Hoping to join the ride providing no ice.

Speed is usually 16-17mph with a coffee stop. Usually get back 1-2pm with an 8am start.

Robbie - you heading out via Langford?
  • Cool, will see you in the morning :-)
  • Family weekend so won't be out tomorrow. May sneak an early one in on Sunday but will need to be home by 11.am.
    Have a good ride tomorrow.
    For new Saturday riders the rides tend to be around 17 mph average, but sometimes a little slower depending on terrain and weather, faster in the warmer weather. Steady ride but you do need to be able to ride in a group if possible and have the ability to ride the distance. So if you've never ridden this sort of distance or pace it would be better to start with the 9.30 rides but it is not that hardcore yet on the 8.am rides. Steady, base training. Tomorrow's ride is a little hilly.
  • edited January 2015
    Vincent describes these rides very well. They mostly attract experienced riders who like a long ride at a steady pace.
  • i'll tag along then peal of at old knebworth as i need to be in stevenage at 12:30

stay fresh
  • Might be a bit too fresh for me. I'll do the stick-my-head-out-the-door test in the morning
    Rain tonight then freezing temperatures q possible ... take care
  • Thinking about it, will join in with the later group and play it safe. Thanks guys ;-)
  • Sticking to the hexton route. Just do it! As a big brand says
  • I still may join you depending on the weather. I am happy that I can stick with you for most of the ride and if I can't ill go off and do my own thing..I need to get some longer rides in as im doing an 80 mile sportive in feb
  • edited January 2015
    Four out at the Tuns: Phil, Robbie, Pete and Jeremy. Headed out on the planned loop out to Sundon-Lilley-Whitwell etc. Pete took a shortcut to the Whitwell cafe but we never made it. Had to turn back due to icy untreated roads above Barton-le-Clay. I had 66miles at a tad under 17mph.

Hope Pete made it back safely.
  • No problems for me. Was icy on the road down to Hexton from Higham Gobian but navigable with caution.

Sorry you couldn't make the cafe.