Welcome to the forum

8am Saturday 7 Feb update

edited February 2015 in Club runs
Maybe start later. Hoping this mornings ice clears.

Comments

• Looks like it warms up today and BBC forecast for tomorrow OK-ish.

Will definitely be out Sat.
  • Should be out, weather looking promising....
  • Think I'm gonna risk it and come out with you guys in the am if thats ok?? Will definately be the longest I've ridden for - will come well equipped in the event I have to get a taxi/train home!! Shall I assume its gonna be an 8am start from the three tuns if nothing different posted tonight?
  • Will be out just need confirmation of time please. Weather looks good. What route you thinking of, may bring car if going out West. Thanks
  • Will be out if u start a little later :-)

Hi Tim, howzit? Long time no see/speak?
  • Hi Tim, yes things good, catch up am...
  • Going to be a northerly wind so Phil's Circuit de Bedford via Harrold Country Park might be a good idea? Would be good to do the Longer version of this route given the lack of miles over the last couple of weekends.

Hopefully Phil will be out to show us the way.
  • So are we saying 09:00??
  • Confirmation 9am.

F'xxx ice lets ride!
  • edited February 2015
    Am setting off from Guilden 7.30am [Edward VII pub] anti-clockwise on a very careful ronde von potton. Coming into Ashwell approx 8.30am. Then hill repeats and a Days coffee til 9am ride for you boyz?
  • See you all 9am.......
    And a
    caffeined up Martin!
  • Boom! See u there!
  • Come on England!!! Btw :-)
  • Ohh Martin at 7.30 or Robbie at 9.am? Will see if this throaty cough lets up. 9.am likely to be easier to wake up for. Martin hope it is not too icy first thing.
    Hector on the road again! Blow my socks off. What joy.
  • Saw three gritting lorries out on my drive home via Shefford Tandoori. Roads should be fine tomorrow.

Think I'll do a Days coffee before the ride. See everyone tomorrow.
  • I may have to bale out due to sore throat. Was fine until last night. What a pain.????????????
  • edited February 2015
    Now that ride reminded me why I love cycling. Grafham with a Cardington loop... not too cold and without ice.
    Nice one chaps. 84miles on the dot.
  • Thank you guys so very much for helping me home.I am sitting here with recovery drink and compression tights and just groaning...... 91 miles and the last twenty I felt every single one of them!

Thank you again :-}
  • Some things should stay private, Skelders.

Lovely ride this morning, thanks chaps. Thought Mitchy was looking strong for the first time he'd been out on a bike longer than an hour and a half!
  • Skelders, only 9 miles and you would have got the ton, why didn't you take the gel I offered you.!!!! Good to see your fighting spirit.
    Good ride ....and to make use of the fair conditions after all the crap weather we have had. Tim and Mitch are looking slick.
  • That was a great ride, in great company, very enjoyable. Rolled in for 90 miles.

Just trying to rid myself of the image of Skelders in compression tights. To much info for me mate :-)

See you soon ....Tim
  • Hi chaps, Loved that today, thanks for being welcoming and looking after me!!! Not sure my quads are appreciating the last 20 mins of efforts, but really enjoyed myself today. See you for curry on thurs.
  • Really enjoyed today's ride - 84miles at a smidgen over 16s.

Well done to Skelders for surviving and Mitchy for a great 1st ride with the club. Mitchy looks like a real talent and one to watch in the club this season.
  • Ahh yes maybe I won't tell u about my groaning and tights next time, haha oops

:-)

But they do work!!!!

Just saying ;-)