Welcome to the forum

CCA Hardriders TT Sunday 29th March 2015, 9.30 am

edited March 2015 in Time Trial
The CCA Hardriders TT is scheduled for Sunday 29th March

Get your season under way with an early test!

2 laps of the 10 circuit making just about 20.5 miles. Usual start and finish points. First rider will be off at 9.30 signing on from 9.00.
This will be on a first come, first served basis and will be open to non CCA riders. CCA members £3, guests £4. We have a 40 rider limit.
All riders welcome, you just need a bike and the ability to ride for 20 miles.

Please post here if you can help with the timekeeping and one marshal at Wrestlingworth would be very useful if anyone would like to volunteer.

Comments

• Finn can help with the time keeping.
    Susan
  • I'm racing the night before, but if I recover well enough I'll be riding.
  • I can time keep with Finn.
  • I have been tempted to enter the Eagle RC 35 that day, it has a fastest road bike prize. Unfortunately I can't squeeze both in. I might just do this course myself after all you guys have done it, see where I would have positioned :)
  • Thanks very much Finn and Tim.
  • I'm up for timekeeping also, if it needs 3 of us?

Fingers crossed we don't have a repeat of the northfields arctic blast from last year !!
  • edited March 2015
    Speaking of Northfields, how's it looking?....

• Northfields was a funneled headwind of the finest variety last Saturday. Count me in!
  • Hopefully if there are places left i will be giving this a bash!
  • edited March 2015
    Hi James... Looking foward to it. I'll be there early to try and get a 1-10 number. Early start needed due to football commitments.
  • James,
    I will be there, going for a PB, ...wait a min, ...it's my debut so it's bound to be a PB.
  • Shouldn't be any problem, Robbie.
    Shaping up to be a good field, let's hope for slightly warmer weather.

Sign on from 9.00 - CCA £3.00 - non CCA £4.00
    Looking forward to it.
  • I'll give it a go, thanks for organising! My better half might get talked into helping and 'may' bring coffee! ;-)

It will be interesting to see how it goes after only being seriously back on the bike for 4-5 months ...
  • I'm not doing the Eagle 35 now, so might be able to this. If it rains nearer the time, so Northfields turns into a bit of a mud bath, I'll turn out on my '89 wheels of steel.
  • I'll be giving it a go.
    John
  • Hi James
    Can I do this as a 2-Up with Matt?
    Cheers
    Peter
  • Looking forward to the Hardriders. My goal is to beat the hour. The long range weather forecast might have something to say about that and make things like getting up Eyeworth hill, twice, a struggle.

Then again, I wouldn't want to try and get up it as fast as this Porsche did yesterday morning. Amazingly: everyone walked away from this. Watch out for tiny, sharp bits of car there on Sunday.

null

Last year's results;

N Hale 50.07, 24.37
    T Trimble 50.18, 24.33
    C Pearce 50.47, 24.36 (CCC)
    J Polak 50.58, 24.37
    J MacKenzie 52.44, 25.41
    L Homes 54.25, 25.59
    I Foulkes 56.41, 27.35
    D Pedder 56.52, 27.19
    R Laughton 58.23, 28.05
    A Gerritsen 59.16, 28.40
    M Lawless 1.02.03, 30.03
    R Bumstead 1.02.12, 29.45
    M Scales 1.02.20, 30.40
    J Wilson 1.04.50, 31.20
    E Koppe 1.08.28, 33.22
    L Danckert DNF , hamstring…
  • edited March 2015
    No problem Peter, we'll probably set you off at the back of the field.

If it's anything like my one and only ever 2-up, watch out, mine was more like a 1-up and "hurry up, James, and do try to keep up" as I got significantly dropped.

Have fun!
  • edited March 2015
    Thanks James
    And yes, he's already told me that I'm too slow. The only concession is he might want a bit of help on lap 2!

Cheers
    Peter
  • Lambo... ouch!
  • My plans for the weekend have changed so that I can hopefully ride.

What is the general etiquette for the CCA Hardriders? Is it mostly road bikes without tri bars or do folks bring out the lo profile TT specific machines and Darth Vader helmets?
  • Thats great Jeremy.
    There is no etiquette really, you can ride whatever you like. Certainly those with lo pro and darth vader tend to use them, on the other hand its quite a "road mans" sort of tt circuit and a lot of people like to do it old school on a road bike.

Looking at the forecast though i would leave the disc and deep sections for another day!
  • edited March 2015
    Physio says, this year I can do it in an orange Lamborghini, but not on my bike :)

(I knew there'd be a plus-side to this particular injury)
  • Have fun tomorrow with this. I was strongly persuaded to join in but the wind speeds for tomorrow persuaded me otherwise. Enjoy!