Welcome to the forum

Silverstone 9up Team Time Trial 19th June 2015

edited February 2015 in General
It's here again! For those who are new to the club this is a fantastic event which is run on the Silverstone GP curcuit. Hopefully this will be the third year that we're able to enter a team and if we stick to a plan, I think it could be the best by far!

Like last year I don't mind organising it but I would need the full commitment of the riders who want to take part. BMCC who organsie the event also run a few warm up events before the main one and I think that these would be a great oppotunity for us to practice before the big day. It's clear that the club has grown so much over the last few years and I think if we get things right we'll surprise quite a few teams/clubs.

The event cost £250 to enter a team which works out to £27.77 per rider.

So who's up for it?

Comments

• I would love to, it's the day after my 30th birthday, so I'm unsure if I'll be in the best state. I could try and put off the birthday celebrations until the Saturday.......
  • So thing have progressed pretty quickly behind the scenes with the team for the event, as it stands we possibly have 8 riders but it would be great if everyone can confirm on here as well just to clarify.

So we're looking for 1 more rider to finalise the team and atleast 1 reserve for the event.

So the current team is:

Me
    Justin
    Ant
    Luke
    Will
    Neil
    Chris
    Dave W

The line up is looking very strong at the moment and it certainly be interesting to see how we go!
  • i would be up for it if there's still a place avalible
  • Wow that was quick!.... Just seen this and looks like I am a reserve at the moment..up for it again and team looks so strong!
  • Is there enough interest for a second team? Maybe a 40+ squad? Pretty sure we could attract some of the nasty boys from the weekend club runs.
  • Hi Jeremy
    A second team is a possible (40 + being a good requirement!). Seem to remember that there was similar talk last year but a second team didn't take off.
    What we need is a team captain to push it forward. You up for that?

Cheers
    Peter
  • Ok I'm happy to organise a second team but as per TomT I need full commitment from those that wish to ride. Please post here if you would like to ride in the second team. This is a bit of fun so don't be afraid of posting your name. Men and Ladies welcomed.
  • Will, you can't be far off the 40+ team ;)
  • Will would be more than welcome!
  • Jeremy
    You can put me down. Could add in a bit of variation for Tuesday night training!
  • Shut up. I shaved my beard off so I look very youthful right now.
  • Looks like a really good event!! Count me in if there is a place left in the 'B' team please :-)
  • Looks like there's quite a bit of interest in a second team, so I really need to know as possible are there going to be enough riders to enter another team so I can email the organiser asking for a 2nd spot. It would be great for someone else to take over the organising of the 2nd team as I wouldn't have to time to do both.
  • Tom - I will organise the B team.

So far I have:

JeremyP
    BenR
    PeterT
    MC?
    Carmelo?
    JonC?

Let's see where we get to on sunday and then e-mail wrt 2nd team.
  • I would be up for this....if there's a place.
  • Oops just realised I am not around ah,
    off to see a show with my better half!
  • Yep!

JeremyP
    BenR
    PeterT
    MC?
    Carmelo?
    JonC?
    Robbie
  • I'm up for the B team (not 40 though!)
  • I'm keen for the b team, not over 40 but I do have a beard...
  • So far for the B squad we have:

JeremyP
    BenR
    PeterT
    Robbie
    TomC
    Mattss

We need three more riders and we're there. Will be a good experience and a chance to ride in a big event.
  • If there is a place going count me in.....I am just over 40!!!
    Will you accept Greenshield stamps as part payment, bet a few of you may not know what they are?
  • Jeremy assuming you still have places please put me down for the B. Squad as well. Thanks
    John
  • So I really need to get the team for this finalised ASAP so we can make the payment to confirm our place. Judging by the recent lack of interest I would say unfortunately it will only be worth enter 1 team this year. Speaking to some of the riders involved we all agree that entering the strongest team possible would be the best option. This could be done a few ways, either by having a road bike TT and picking the 9 fastest or purely by picking the riders on their previous best road racing and TT results. I know I keep going on about it but I could really do with everyone confirming that they are still able to ride the event so we can start making the team selection.
  • My hat is in the ring, I can do the event.

I do like the sound of a road bike TT to select the 9 fastest. It would highlight anyone new to the club who is fast, we have some new racers, plus we are basing our team selection on those who are fast on TT bikes (in general), this might not translate to their road bikes. The downsides are this has to be done ASAP so we'd have to fit it in somehow, and there is always the possibility of punctures/mechanicals which would scupper someone's attempt.
  • True... We've got some really fast people out there so it'd be good to find out who would be strong for this. You also have to consider the fact that it's early season and people are peaking at different times. It's also important that people know how to ride as part of a team as well as being strong. That can be worked on nearer the time, but I seem to remember there being some difficulty in getting everybody together for a practise session or two last year.

Over to you, Tom "Brailsford" Trimble...
  • Cheers Tom, I'm up for this still if I can make the team!!
  • First club ten is on April 22nd...
  • I can't do the event so my contribution is purely theoretical but if you are selecting on performance, you shouldn't use people's 25 minute power as the yardstick. In a team trial it's people's one minute power and ability to recover that should be your selection criteria. Just sayin'.
  • I'm still 100% up for this. I think that even if we could have and A and B team, we should still have have a TT on our road bikes to gauge everyone's ability and put the strongest in the same team. If just one team, then I'm happy to to go as the list stands or take part in the club TT to see if I'm good enough to qualify for the team.
    As people have said above, there are some really strong riders in the club and a team made of our 9 fastest interested riders would make for an extremely strong team that I'm sure will raise a few eye brows and possible contention for a top place finish!
  • im still up for this if im quick enough...will the finalized team descided after the first club tt on road bikes?