Welcome to the forum

Ride Of The 3 Cafes, CCA Spring Classic! Fri 20 Mar 8.30am - coffee from 8.15am

13»

Comments

• Am now racing on Saturday so unfortunately wont be doing this to keep the legs fresh. Have a good ride everyone!
  • Great, thanks Martin. A sort of entry level Garmin for weight weenies. No way im getting lost now.
    null
  • Unfortunately I'm not going to make it now either... Race on Saturday for me too! Will try and pop down for the kick off though, will be nice to see a big old CCA turn out!
  • edited March 2015

Caf

• Looking good at Cafe Zero !

Just got this from Cafe 1 (The Blue Egg), might be a bit far to go back now though..............

_____________________________________________________________________________________
    Hi Guys

One of your club members left a Garmin Edge 705 in our cafe today!!

Please can you ask around! In the meantime we will keep it safe until an owner comes forward!

Many thanks
    Sue
    Knead food @ the blue egg
    01371 811801
  • Kid you not somebody found this in the dustbin out back!

Thanks for a great inaugural 3C ride chaps and especially to Martin for getting it to happen. I just got home with 75 in the legs but the trip home was not as much fun as the ride out to the Blue Egg. I think I overdid it with the mid morning snack.

Chapeau CCA
  • Hi all

If it is of help, I can collect this for the owner on our ride tomorrow? We are leaving cars at the Blue Egg and can collect and place safely in my car before our ride.

Will be returning to Ashwell later tomorrow afternoon and can leave behind the bar in the 3 Tuns?

John
  • Well that was a hell of a day. Just snuck in over 200km door to door. Tucking into some recovery lamb casserole, just need some malted recovery beverages to match...

Thanks to Martin for putting it all together and apologies for heading off into the sunset at Sharpenhoe, needed to get back before my feeble rear light was too much of a safety risk.
  • Lol.... I left the garmin in the bin! It's knacked.
  • I must admit to 'rescuing' the Garmin from the bin and leaving it on a table; as someone still rocking a 305 I still consider the 705 to be too flash to dump!

thanks for a great day's riding

cheers

Simon R
  • nowTHIS is what I most miss about the club...apart from coaching. Sounds like you all had a great days cycling.
    Was nice up here but no ride for me...spent it unloading scaffolding for set-up to do end of house and logging Ho-hum.
    New cassette arrived for hills so will set up on cougar ready for my rides.
    Lol on garmin...been Robbied :-)
  • So, you don't want me to collect your Garmin Robbie?!'

Worth a clubman's brandy at least! :>\
  • This is what Cycling is about.....Great ride, weather, cafe stops, humour and camaraderie. Oh and not forgetting the wee badges. Martin you are motivational with the way you organized the ride.
    Enjoyed everyone's company and a great opportunity to get to know more CCA riders.
  • Fantastic ride today, thanks everyone and especially Martin for organising. Brilliant weather, great company and we actually got a glimpse of the eclipse as well!
  • edited March 2015
    Well done all. That wasn’t easy! Despite the great weather. OK: it wasn’t too kind in the morning and freezing when the eclipse at its peak [nice we saw it in the cloud break].

Blue Egg wins hands-down on the quality front. Though Maglia Rosso did so well to accommodate us and we were very welcome. It’s a great destination. The route is good. The bit from the prison to Saffron Walden sublime. Future rides need more discipline in pace - nothing new! - and some lanes just quite narrow. The A-road: not v nice. But all drivers seemed not to mind whenever we presented a bit of an issue. Everyone got around safely. Great.

I first thought it’s too epic a club ride for the time of year. But the general feedback is that it sets a good, high benchmark and worth sticking to. Let’s see for next year. As it was, most arrived back at the Tuns ‘late’. My group around 6.30pm 120m @17.0mph [just one missed turn - not bad!]. Many have silly mileage under their belt: well done.

Great to see Shaun in t’pub at the end. And guess what: at about 7.30pm Tim and Jess turn up! Not quite diverted to Newmarket as heard about. ‘Ardcore! They made it back just fine. One pint and then they were off to the wine club evening. Big day.

I’ve got plenty of badges left to give out. Have a great Spring everyone.

And a personal thank you to Richard M for a fantastically serviced bike. Flanders-ready! Just need new big ring on now!

Nice to chat with John P. Good luck with pastures new! I never knew he was flipping' Czech. Na zdravi!
  • Thanks Martin for organising a great day out on the bike. Agree this is a real test for early season but the option to get the train back from Bury makes it accessible to most.

Especially enjoyed the Spring sunshine after the chill during the eclipse. All the details (cake, mugs, badges etc) much appreciated.

Looking forward to Mark's G-ride in 2 weeks time!
  • Martin - a mis-spent youf is paying dividends! Fab ride and extremely well-put together. Maglia Rosso and Blue a Egg were faultless. New Saffron Walden cafe will be a welcome addition to the 2016 edition. Bonnie Tyler at Mokka was just choice. Nice to bag a ton so early in the season. What a way to spend a Friday!

Adam
  • edited March 2015
    What a lovely CCA day out! Martin, you're a star.
    Really enjoyed the Maglia Rosso and Jess's resilience and determination to make it home was brilliant.

• Add to the thanks to Martin for organizing this.. Apologies to Tim for having to be my wing man. Pleased that the train was not needed in the end!
  • Great day out. Thanks Martin and all the CCA teamsters.