Welcome to the forum

Ipswich BC Spring Scramble 3/4

edited March 2015 in Road Racing
The course found the only hills in Suffolk, so the course suited me. A couple breaks went early and came straight back like they always do in a ¾ so I was expecting a break to either stick when everyone is napping later on in the race or a bunch sprint, so I sat in the bunch. A group of 3 got away then I later missed the 2 which bridged, I thought it would get pulled back.
I made a couple attacks and went with a few but got closed down straight away. So for me it was a lead up to the bunch sprint, I got boxed in and by the time I got out I was probably about 6 rows back. The finish about 20 metres beyond the crest of the hill so I saved a little bit for that. I know I hadn’t done any favours being far back, I saw a move of about 8 going so I went up on the right hand side chasing them. Must have over taken about 40 riders up the hill and was able to get a couple of other riders and got a top 10 bunch sprint. So about top 20 overall.
Pleased that my asthma wasn’t an issue even though it was cold and that I had good legs after a couple weeks of hard trainings paid off. Bit of a shame as I know I could have taken the bunch sprint but its only the second race of the season more to come…..

Jon

Comments