Welcome to the forum

Commuting Into London

edited April 2015 in General
With the clocks changing and summer incoming I will be commuting into London through the week now and again and thought I would post a thread letting anyone interested joining know.

When the evenings lighten I will do return leg also.

Route I use is

Heydon - Little Chishill - Pelhams - Much Hadnam - Widford - Ware - Hoddesdon - Cheshunt - Waltham Cross - Brimstown - Seven Sisters - Finsbury Park - Camden - Regent St.

The last bit into London in rush hour isn't the best but it's around 3hrs leaving at around 5am approx 80km

Heading in this Thursday the 9th.

Comments

• I would defo be up for a bit of that. Robbie, Martin L, Tim G & I used to do this fairly regularly a few years back. Think it was a slightly different route though. Think we managed to find one that wasn't too bad entering London if my memory is correct... Robbie, Martin can you remember or is it the same as Tom is suggesting? (i'm not so good at directions Tom :-})
  • Here's the way that's 'less bad' getting into London from Ashwell.

http://www.bikemap.net/en/route/2944382-ashwell-look-mum-no-hands/

Skelders: Tom is coming from Heydon and goes in/out a bit further east as a result. We can always hook up though: just a few more miles detour for one group or the other.

I know me, Iain F and Robbie up for a bit of commutage if the weather OK. Also, if there's a good TdF stage in the summer, it might make a good pop-up ride to LMNH to watch it on the big screen and get train back from KingsX.
  • you know me Martin - Heydon, Harpenden, Hoddesdon, Saffron Walden.... they may as well be next to Ashwell as far as my directions go :-D

blimey, just seen it on the map... past Nuthampstead (I know where that is ;-)
  • edited April 2015
    great stuff guys look forward to catching up, i wouldn't mind trialing a new route sometime with a group.

Look mum and a tour stage sounds top!
  • Tom, I used to commute from Chishill to Borehamwood, I've seen the route you did today and my route down to Thundridge/Ware looks to be quicker: HERE
    Now have a new job so not commuting any more.
  • 80kms and 3hrs on the nose this morning.

Still a bit parky, dark and a bit scary at 5am :)

Tuesday 15th next week if anyone's interested.
  • edited April 2015
    Weds 22nd if anyone's game let me know.... I have it down to 2hrs 45min with a cheeky lap of Regent's Park to end if interested....
  • Friday 29th leaving London (Oxford Circus) approx 16.30 if anyone fancies joining.
  • Half day at work Tom! Lol
  • haha I'll call for you ont way... your only a block away ;)