Welcome to the forum

Fleche Welwyn RR

edited April 2015 in Road Racing
For those out on club runs tomorrow morning, it might be a good idea to head over to Old Warden/Cardington to give the CCA racers a shout on at the Fleche Welwyn regional B road race. It makes a difference! I think there's quite a few blue jerseys in the race so they'll appreciate it!

The race runs out of Cople starting at 9am and is on the Old Warden circuit finishing on the climb at Cardington that most of you will know pretty well from various club runs. I'm aiming to be at the finish line around 11ish to catch the end of the race and shout on our guys!

Comments

• Hope I'm at the finish for you to cheer!! Excited.
  • Great, i will bring a club run out. Lets support our riders CCA!
  • Is there a map of "the Old Warden" circuit that can be viewed online?
  • Very best of luck tomorrow guys!
  • Its the same circuit as our Primavera road race in May. here is last years programme from the website with the map of the circuit.
  • Much appreciated. See you in the morning, hopefully!
  • unfortunatly i wont be riding as i have a cold. good luck mitch and luke!
  • That looked brutal! Well done Mitchy and Luke for finishing strongly in the chase group... The first rider to cross the line had about 3 minutes or so on the group who were sprinting for 5th place. Having caught a few bits of it, was great to see what looked like a really aggressive exciting race! Amazing what a bit of wind can do!
  • Yes, indeed an interesting race. I'm sure the wind made it tough to ride but it was good from a spectators point of view! You both looked very accomplished in the bunch and a good result. Not sure if there were any points there?
    Looks like Mitchy is coping well with the steep learning curve!
  • A brutal day and both Luke and Mitchy looked good.

Thanks to Tim for suggesting we head out that way with the club run. Made for a good way to spend Sunday morning. Thanks to Strappy and TomC for a couple of hardish laps counter to the race direction. I nearly got blown off in the cross winds whilst taking a drink - can't imagine what it must of been like in the bunch.
  • Thanks so much for the support - really helps. Great photo too!!!