Welcome to the forum

***NEW KIT***

2»

Comments

• Not in a desperate rush Will, too cold to wear it at the moment anyway.

Do you need payment now, or can it wait until I pick it up, probably May Club Night?

Vic
  • Everybody should have their bills whispered to them. Don't forget if paying by BACS to use your name and KIT as a reference and email me at will@ccashwell.com immediately. Thanks!
  • Thanks Will! Pub kit night on the 7th???
  • edited March 2015
    Hey guys

I know it's different company, but thought if anyone might have it it would be you guys

Anyone here in posession of the WT race jersey (that I could try on)? I've wanted to put a kit order in for a couple years now for a nice jersesy but obviously it's huge money so want to make damn sure it fits. Especially post-wash.

Cheers

Nat

*edit or looking closely at the pictures possibly the premium, looks like a reasonably flat sleeve
  • Will

Could you whisper me your address? Cheers! Nat
  • I've whispered those who's completed orders are here, they'll be down at the club night (somehow, will figure out a way to get them there as I can't make it) on Tuesday this week.

So far I'm still waiting for the the rest of the order (including the S/S skinsuits) to come through, it should be with me by the end of next week.
  • Hi,

I will be at the Tunns at about 8pm.

Will has dropped off the TMGPro kit that he had to me and i will bring it along

see you there

Kit
  • I'll have all of the short sleeve skinsuits by this afternoon if anybody's ordered them and desperate to race in one this weekend! Let me know and we'll sort something out.
  • edited April 2015
    Just a reminder that the tmgpro stock is primarily for the racing people in the club. The idea is that if people are in any scrapes in the year then there is replacement kit that is a decent race fit, not extremely expensive and can be got hold of before the next weekend's racing...

If there is a lot of interest in getting hold of more clothing through tmgpro I will put another order through but there will be a further 10 week wait from the date the order goes off. Because of the minimum number of pieces being ordered being low, we may be able to put together an order before the winter order.

For new members to the club: There are generally two orders per year for club kit:

One that goes off in the winter (this is when you order your summer kit, it usually arrives in February/March time) and one that goes off at the beginning of the season (which is where you need to order your winter kit as it will arrive as the weather turns).

Fortunately the club have some stock of Endura kit in various sizes for club members which is available to see/buy at club nights and a little bit of stock of the tmgpro kit which is available for those members of the club who are looking to ride the races and time trials. Anybody can order with both Endura and tmgpro for any item of kit that's available though, it's just that the tmgpro stock has been put together for race damage replacement/new members who are racing for the club.

For enquiries about the Endura order, email kit@ccashwell.com.
  • Thanks Wil,

Is there any chance we could get the skinsuits in time for next week's interclub?

Cheers
    Emma
  • The whole kit order is finally here! I shall stick it all in the car and bring it along to the TT on Wednesday night so if people want to pick their stuff up then that would be great! Even if you're not riding it, come along and have a shout at the silly people in skinsuits.

In other news, the stock is heavily depleted with racers seeing it on others and wanting to have their own, so I may be putting off another order very soon. To avoid the summer rush I've been advised to get it in over the next couple of week, so if you missed the order for kit last time, now is the time to get it in. Expect this order to come in 10 weeks after it goes off. The bib shorts have proven to be especially popular with the new design.

If there's not a huge demand for kit then the order may not go off till the end of the season, but I will let you all know ASAP. All of the details for what kit is available are at the beginning of this thread, so if you're interested, please let me know as soon as you can.

Ta!
  • Darren (DPC) please log on and have a look at what I've whispered to you... You're the only person who hasn't responded about picking the kit up/paying for it.
  • Hi Will,

I'd like to order an ST0800M SS skinsuit if possible. Looking at TMG sizing I think I am a small top and shorts? Advice on sizing would be appreciated based on what others are wearing. I think from the thread this is the version with the full collar?

Aiming to ride this week's 10 so catch you then.

Regards,

Jeremy
  • edited April 2015
    Jeremy, I have the ST0804M suit in long sleeve. I also have a Castelli Body Paint in Medium and that's a tight fit, my old Cambridge club suit in Medium was also a tight fit (which is what a skinsuit should be). This TMG suit in Medium is a far more forgiving fit in all areas and to be honest is a big baggy where you don't want it to be, on the shoulders, torso and back. I would suggest ordering a size DOWN to what you normally wear. Of course it's user-preference, my opinion is a skinsuit should be a tight fit but you might prefer a more comfortable fit.
    Mine also has the pocket on the back which makes it a very useful suit for training, you can store a phone and 2+ gels in there.
  • All manufacturers have different sizing and it's important to get it right with skinsuits, which is why I took a selection of sizes down to the club night for people to try on before the order was despatched. I ride in a small, once I've managed to crowbar my gut into it and get into the riding position there aren't really any creases to be seen... Maybe I should eat less pies? Anyway, the pocket is great for racing too, it's out of the wind and under your number so doesn't affect the aerodynamics of the suit and it means you don't have to worry about your car key! If you want to try a suit on before you buy one, let me know. The stock will always be at the club nights. Also, if you really are chasing the seconds and want to be seen in club colours you should look into the endura drag2zero option. Also a reminder that the tmgpro skinsuits are around £68, with the drag2zero being over £250 and a castelli body paint suit being around £200...
  • I ordered a small in the TMG Pro Skinsuit and it fits perfectly, once I've shoe-horned myself into it that is. My standard Endura Skinsuit is a Medium and not as good fit or quality in my opinion.

Hope this helps.
  • Unfortunately I've just got a last minute gig in tomorrow night so won't be at the club TT. Damn work getting in the way of my cycling...

I shall try and get the kit that has already been paid for there with somebody else, if you're intending to pay by BACS please do so before tomorrow and email me and you can pick up your kit then. If you haven't paid for it yet and don't have a cheque or cash with you tomorrow night then you won't be able to take it away.
  • Unfortunately I've not been able to get the kit down to the TT this week, whisper me if you need it before next week and we'll try and sort something out. Otherwise I'll bring t down to the TT then.
  • edited April 2015
  • Does anybody know Darren C who's on the forum as DPC? If they do, could they ask him to check his account on here for a message regarding the kit he's ordered please! Ta
  • DPC... Who are you and do you want this kit that you've ordered!?!
  • edited May 2015
    It's Darren Carter. Hannah used to be a youth rider.
  • Hi Will. Are there any skin sits that I could try on before I order/buy? I have a tmgpro jersey in size Small, and it is a good right fit. Is it to late to order one for this year now, or are there any 'in stock' that I could have?
  • Hi Brendan. There'll be a new kit order going off soon, watch this space! Probably not going to be here for a couple of months or so though. Have a look in the stock at the next club night.
    I'm actually just off to pick up some samples of some new tmgpro skinsuits on Friday, they're now making a road suit for road racing (like the Castelli San Remo speed suit) and their skinsuits are now made from a similar material to the fancypants bioracer skinsuits but a lot cheaper and in CCA colours...
  • OK. Thanks Will. I'll try to make it to the next club night and take a look.