Welcome to the forum

8am Saturday 25 April....

edited April 2015 in Club runs
Hopefully over me cold. Fancy 100 miler?

Comments

• Yep - should be out regardless of weather. GD100?
  • edited April 2015
    8am this Saturday. That's my check in time for a flight to Majorky. Woohoo!! Forecast is 21-23C for all 5 days. Hmmm SPF 25 or 30??
  • I had a bit of cold as well after the trip to Jeff's.

I have a route that heads up to Oundle with Cafe stop. I think it's 98 miles with 960m of climbing.
  • Oundle sounds good - new destination. Looking forward to hearing about Yorkshire and Flanders.
  • I could really do with the miles. Etape du Dales is less than a month away now

Going to be tough to match your pace, I'm sure, but I'll give it a go (eek)
  • I'll be there - I've been enjoying my weekly dose of Robbie-inflicted pain!

James D - Mega-jealous. Majorca is my absolute favourite place to cycle. If you've never done it, I'd recommend a ride along the SW coastal road - epic.
  • Oundle 98 it is then! Streaming nose but a few ciders will sort that out!
  • Bulmers doing fruity ciders - pretty sure they have lemon infused. Perfect for colds and congestion!

Looks like a group forming and weather forecast improving for Saturday.
  • James - I hate you!

Tomorrow will be there but can't do the full Oundle 98, need to be back in Hitchin for 12:30.

Martin, would you be able to work out a rough turning off point for me on your route please?

Looking forward to it :-)
  • Will not be joining you Sat. Trying to be disciplined for my June Tri and going this distance at your pace will affect the weeks training. Although I love these rides. Have a good one.
  • I'll be there
  • Hope this link works.

Here is the route for tomorrow.

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/4461807

Tim a shorter route would be turn at Kimbolton or there are some earlier turns.
  • thanks Martin, see you tomorrow
  • Feeling better... Aspells medicinal treatment going down well
  • Should be there.
  • Shaun,

I have a water bottle of yours. Do you want me to bring it tomorrow?
  • Yes, thanks Martin
  • Unfortunately I am not free this weekend as jane is away. I've been wanting to ride to oundle for a while so double drat, triple drat if you include James' holiday.
    Hope weather is good. Enjoy
  • edited April 2015
    so that back fired somewhat?

having left you guys with plenty of time to get back to Hitchin for 12:30, first issue = headwind!
    then my garmin offered to retrace our route - well i didn't want to go to Ashwell? or take me back to my start - Hitchin. perfect! then it asked for the direct route ... even better... at least I thought

117 miles, just walked in!!! (3:30 pm)

Garmin's direct route was around Bedford, then Woburn ? WTF...

anyway, where did that wind come from?
  • Tim, you could have come for a coffee with me... and got back by 1pm...

Thanks guys for the tow this morning. I rode for 70 miles, which is my longest ride in nearly a year! Getting there...
  • edited April 2015
    That's lols Skelders!! Was yr average 19mph like ours? We worked as a team doing TTT and chain.... hitting some 30mph on the flat... then there was 3 of us?! Somehow we broke up near Hately. Riders taking various routes home (but NOT via Woburn! Lol) Good route. Top cafe. And great company.
  • I think Shaun offers classes on how work your Garmin!

Great ride guys, have cut the first tan Line on the arms today.
  • Not sure even I could teach Skelders
  • Great route Martin - really enjoyed the ride and brilliant cafe. Nice to see Jane back with the Saturday teamsters.

That last 30miles was a real tear up with everyone pulling strongly. Feeling tired.

Skelders - I really wanted to do some Gooner chat today but never got the chance. Hopefully you ok.
  • and theres me thinking I had worked it out!

17 mph av though :-)
  • edited April 2015
    Great route and caf
  • Awesome ride Jane!
  • :-) thanks MC... but that wind... holy crap... and without you to help me!!!!! I was seeing double when i got in.

what i didn't mention was that the Garmin took me off road twice, two 'tracks', one bridle path and two dead ends??
  • Crazy epic day. Mine was so relaxed, horse ride classes, homework, fitting new cassette and headset bearings, down to the park for some fun on the swings,cleaning rabbit hutch, a nice beer, catching up with Mart and Gina and old work colleague. Didn't once have the wind in my face, Mark spreading me onto the deck like pate on a slice of rough toast at 30 mph ( that happened right, but not to me?)
    I still wish I could have joined you all for a mincer of a ride.
  • Oh and Skelders epic. A contender for club man of the year.