Welcome to the forum

Sunday club run Spanish style

edited April 2015 in Club runs
Sunday 11 a.m. Majorka club run. 6 of us out to tackle the lighthouse. Didn't start to well with one blowout and 2 further punctures in the first 10k. However once we were used to riding on the correct side of the road there was no stopping us. 4495 feet at an average speed of 15mph. Beautiful sunny day and nicely followed with a dip in the pool. we refueled at the top with the food of champions - chocolate cake and coke :-). Just settling down with a beer planning tomorrow's epic ride.

Comments

• Alright for some!
  • edited April 2015
  • Well jel!
  • edited April 2015
  • Fantastic. one of my favouite rides in all the world that. It used to be a very rough road surface after Formentor. Is it true that its all been resurfaced?
  • Resurfaced with billard smooth tarmac all the way to the lighthouse :)
  • Right, now I'm really jealous!
  • Very nice
  • that looks fantastic - do enjoy yourselves!
  • The ride quality of this road is unbelievable now compared to last year. I managed to get this ride in on Saturday evening and it was a float night.

Yesterday was Sa Calobra via Lluc. I didn't reckon on 3,750 metres of climbing in 69 miles. It just happened....

https://www.strava.com/activities/293003201

Hope to catch up with you later peeps:)
  • It all sounds and looks very nice....tell Kit we are still wearing his Thermal Longs and Wintex Jackets here.

Take care...