Welcome to the forum

ride the finish line, womens ToB, sat 20th june

edited May 2015 in General
As you probably know the women's Tour of Britain comes to Hertfordshire again this year, with stage 4 on local roads, passing through the Pelhams, Barkway, Barley, Royston, Sandon, Walkern before finishing in Stevenage.
stage 4

we have been offered the chance for the club to ride the finish straight that morning before the race comes through - see below. if you are interested post below, if there is good interest i will book us in. maybe could be a saturday club run over there to ride the finish, then watch the finish or carry on to see the race somewhere else depending on timings?

I am enquiring as to whether your club would like to opportunity to ride the finish straight in front of up to 20,000 on 20 June. If you are interested please contact me as we wish to have a range of clubs utilising the finish line during the community time just prior to the WT arrival. We have community use of the Finish line on the 20 June from 10.30 – 12, once we know how many clubs and organisations wish to ride the Finish straight we will schedule your club a time. In terms of numbers as many as possible, we have a free bike park with security.

Comments

• I'm up for this and as last year the Saturday club ride finished in Baldock the watch them come through I'm sure we can sort the route in that direction this year.
  • I was planning on being there with the camera, but I'd love to join you all. I'd just need to work out how I can get the car, bike and camera gear to a suitable point to be able to do it.
  • Joseph and I would like to do this but as Joseph is not old enough for official club runs could we meet you there from our own ride, or is it the case that if the club is signed up any club member can ride it between those times?
  • i think once we get our time anyone can ride it - dont have to come on the club run, can ride over separately or drive/train etc
    i dont think there are any age restrictions but will check just in case.

keep posting if others interested so can get an idea of numbers, thanks
  • Sounds good, Dave and I will be there.
  • I'm in. The atmosphere was brilliant last year in Baldock :)
  • Sounds great. We can definitely have a Sat club run that takes in the finish line & the sprint for glory !
  • edited May 2015
    Then Pete22 should definitely come too
    ... we need somebody to sit behind me for most of the way and then not quite win the sprint
  • Count me in.

Graham
  • Olly and I will come! Possibly Finn too.
    Susan
  • Nathan and I will come along.

Mark W : I think there's underground carpark session on the 20th. Can we coordinate this ride from the training session?

Neil
  • I'm up for this. Suppose I'll have to buy club colours??
  • definitely in, sounds awesome
  • great response thanks, i'll book us a slot and advise further details
  • Count me in too, on the Club Run.
  • just to confirm as expected, there are no age restrictions - all riders welcome
    further details nearer the time
  • hi, this is all confirmed for next saturday.
    you need to be there by 11:30 to start the finish line ride at 11:40
    you'll then get a certificate and be directed to secure bike storage so you can watch the finish of the race.
    will put up more details shortly.

if you've not already done so above and are intending to be there can you post here as they need an idea of how many certificates to prepare.
    thanks
  • Here are full details (there was no map attached)

Thank you for your interest in coming along to ride the finish straight at the Womens Cycling Tour Stage 4 Finish event in Stevenage on Saturday 20th June 2015.

We would like all cyclists from your group to be at the meeting point, which is the south end of the high street by the Marquis of Lorne Pub/Holy Trinity church BY 11.30AM. The map above shows the location of this. When your group has arrived please notify the member of staff at this meeting point (wearing a Stevenage Borough Council branded High Vis vest).
    You will then be called to complete your ride along at approximately 11.40/11.45 This may be slightly adjusted depending on the time taken by the previous ride but will be no earlier than 11.30am.

Your ride along will end by the winners podium, which will be located opposite the Cromwell Hotel at the North end of the high street. Here, all riders will be presented with a certificate for riding the finish.

You will then be directed to the bike parking area which is located behind the high street in Primett Road to secure your bike before coming back into the high street to watch the riders arrive from approximately 12.45 (weather depending). We please ask that bikes are not left along the high street itself – we are expecting large crowds and there will not be room for bikes to stay with the owner in this area. Please note that whilst there will be security presence at the bike parking area, any bikes parked in this area are done so at the owners risk and Stevenage Borough Council cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage of theft of any bikes within this area.
  • edited June 2015
    Sounds good - thanks stef. Count me and David in, details of club ride to follow.
  • edited June 2015
    Heres the map - hope it makes sense!
  • no it looks all dark.. i'll try again later when ive got more time
  • edited June 2015
    thats better
  • I'll meet you all at the pub at the alloted time. I'm coming down in the car, as I'll also be bringing a few kgs worth of camera gear, and riding with it is a no no.
  • I'm in for the 0930 run