Welcome to the forum

100km Sunrise St Ives ride, Sat 23 May, 6.15am

edited May 2015 in General
Leaving Guilden Morden village hall, Saturday 23rd May, 6:15am for a flat ride to St Ives. Looking for 17mph or faster. Basically: back by 10am. It's flat and fast this course. A good fun ride.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7547675

Will be flying along the busway cycle lane and over the bridge. Coffee at the Costa over the other side.

Forecast good. Fancy it? See you in Guilden.

Sunrise 4.57am. No lights required.

Martin 07977 652 247

Comments

• Martin it,s the dawn chorus ride for me tomorrow. Coffee will be waiting for you at the front door for 6.15am. Don't work too late tonight. I,m pumped.
  • 2-up, me and Vince.

3-up..?

See you Guilden village hall/church/pub 6.15am
  • Vince: let's aim for 20mph av. This course is so fast.

Anyone else up for a early dawn TTT?
  • edited May 2015
    Three man TTT with Vincenzo and Adam C.

Nice tidy line all the way. Conversation fairly restricted at pace. But made up for that at Costa in still asleep St Ives. Cheers for the coffee and Belgian based confectionery Adam.

Vincent, to form, with huge 25mph bursts of power outward. Followed by a wilting, 'Go! Leave me! I'm cooked! -cough- -splutter-, save yourself!' on the return. Nonsense, we said and gave him a gel. By the time we got to gransden, he was grinning and grunting like a late eighties raver. Nice one.

The busway is dead quiet early on. The whole route is, really. It's a good route to push yourself in a different way for a club run. Equally: this is also a potentially kind and sedate route for all. Always good when there's a destination. And the busway is a little novelty.

Juan Puncture turned up too. Swiftly dealt with.

20.7mph av. Boom!
  • Martin great fast route - loved it.

Tidy 3up TTT all the way around. Not bad at all, not bad at all.

Adam
  • Sounds like fun. nice pace
  • There was something in the wind on Saturday. It never let up in an inyourface sort of way. Ah it was all going so well until something reminded me how tired I was from the week ( oh no that's right, it was Adam smoothly riding up a gentle rise and me going backwards). So much for working when we got back. That early ride polished me off for Saturday. Riding back through pain took its toll. The effort did a small injury to my foot too. Was hobbling about on Sunday and a bit today. How the Ek do those time trialers solo it at 25mph¥ Plus for 50 odd miles?
    Martin, thanks for the gel. It did the trick and gave me wings, enough to hang on for the +20mph average.
    Really enjoyed the team time trial for 60miles.
    We must build on that one.
    Adam your timetrialing is definitely coming on. Good smooth style and position.
    Darn that was tough.