Welcome to the forum

Little bit of racing news

edited May 2015 in Road Racing
so two exciting things happened this weekend:

Justin Layne won the ECCA 10 on Saturday with a new club record of 19.31 (which really is very fast, it's amazing he managed this time with a big jelly fish with POC written on it on his head).

Anthony Morris finished on the podium in the national masters RR this afternoon in 3rd place. Ash Cox won it from the break, a former CCA rider there in the stripy jersey.

So well done to both of them, I'm sure there's other news so if anybody has any results stick them down on this thread...

Comments

• Well done guys.
    Justin is the ECCA 10 Champion. He actually did 19.30 on this course (E2/10) back in March so that is the club record. We're waiting to hear if we won the team prize. Tom Trimble did 20.37, I did 21.27 and we think Andy Whale did 21.29.
    Not ideal conditions with a headwind out and tail back, I found the headwind too strong, only averaged 26mph to the turn and did the return leg at 30.9. In fact there was a huge gulf between the fastest sub 20 times and the rest, a lot of decent riders could only manage 20.40-20.55 which showed it was tough.
  • Awesome!
  • edited May 2015
    Yes there was lots of TT activity this weekend for the club. Another amazing ride from Justin with a championship win, what a star! - no official result yet so Team placing tbc but looks to definitely be a club team record. Andy Skeen was not so fortunate, puncturing I believe.

Jason Stuart and Michael Martin rode the HNCC 25 round the Guilden F14 course - Jason just inside the hour placing 9th and just pipping ex club member Nigel Hale by 1 second. Michael was just over the hour and placed 14th in a field of 45 just ahead of another ex member Julian Pegg.

Jackie Field, Richard Glover and myself were competing in round 4 of the N&DCA series at Towcester. Following her great National series win, Jackie continued her superb form to win the Women's race and is now looking in a commanding position for a further series win this season. I gained maximum points in Vets Y-Cat placing 16th in a field of 52. Richard was very unlucky and following a misunderstanding when a completely different course was used due to traffic lights on the original one, he ended up doing about 6 extra miles - a great shame as he was going well. Nevertheless he still dominates the series in the Vets Z-Cat.

The next N&DCA event is on 13th June at a fairly local course at Stilton, would be good to see other club members having a go - internet entries close 6pm on Tuesday 2nd June ctt-entry-link

Andy Whale and Tom Trimble were racing today in the ECCA 25 and results are awaited

Next weekend a dozen or so members are taking part in the Tour of Cambridgeshire TT on Saturday 6th with many more I'm sure doing the Gran fondo on the Sunday - good luck to everyone.

We are still short of people to ride in the IC 15 on Sunday so please book up if you can make it:
    interclub-booking
  • Tremendous, well done racing folks on a pretty grim day.
  • *I think* I did 20:49- I missed my start by getting stuck at the level crossing (oops) so they started me 7 minutes late in a DNS's slot. I took a look at the timesheet at the end and they had me on 27:49........

I had to clear off before all the results were in as I was taking my better half to a show, but hats off to Justin for that ride, and fingers crossed for the team prize!
  • I did the same on the F11/10 last year, they start the timer for you when your slot is so I clocked 40:40 or something on that course. Should be an easy pb to beat.. actually rode in to 20 something... Good ride!

Oh, and 3rd in the NATIONAL masters? That was almost a stripy jersey for a CCA member there. Not bad for an old boy, Ant...
  • edited June 2015
    Congrats to Justin and everyone racing over the weekend. Well done!

Yes, headwind definitely increased the lactic acid levels on the way out.

Didn't get to experience the tailwind due to a front end puncture at 4.5 miles in. Thankfully didn't fall down. Phew! Sorry I couldn't contribute a time to the team prize. A kindly bloke from Chelmsford CC rescued me, saving me from a 4.5 mile walk in my new Sidis!
  • What an outstanding ride Ant!! Almost National Champ stripes for CCA, another 'Ant Special' in the break!

Great time Justin and all that TT'd.
  • Yes, thats a fantastic ride Ant. Any podium pictures?