Welcome to the forum

Silverstone 9up Team Time Trial 19th June 2015

2»

Comments

• I am keen for this if deemed quick enough.
  • http://www.bmcc2000.com/Race/silverstone

"This year's event is now full....."
  • edited June 2015
    So it turns out there was a CCA team.

Interested to know who was in it, and what happened about selecting riders?

Bit puzzled how this appeared to go off the boil, nothing was posted on the forum, but a team was selected and it did go ahead after all. i.e all behind closed doors.
  • edited June 2015
    Yesterday 9 of us bombed round silverstone 3 times to take 5th place in the competition, we were the fastest non-sponsored club on the finish sheet, missing out on the podium by 5 seconds.

The ride was smooth and well drilled, Tom T (although not riding) pretty much sorted everything out for us on the day and between him and Justin sorted out some sort of vague action plan and direction in which to ride (go fast! That way!) which was pretty successful.

9 started (Anthony Morris, Justin Layne, Luke Danckert, Dave Mitchinson, Andy Whale, Andy Robinson (first ride in blue, look out for this guy's results, he's fast!), Jon Chapman, Myself and Cam Wolsey (Riding back in blue for the day).

The turns were kept regular and smooth with no major disruptions, (apart from when overtaking another club on a corner on the last lap who didn't seem to understand the very loud shouts of "on your right" and almost rode us out of the race completely) gradually guys were giving their all and dropping off before the end, leaving us with 5 riders coming into the home straight to cross the line in a time of 00:22:58. We set off early on in the evening, so were battling a stronger wind than the later teams, the seeded teams getting full advantage of a less gusty ride. Let's hope we'll be nearer to them on the start sheet next year!

Richardsons-Trek RT took the first place with a time of 00:21:41. A strong ride from a group of strong riders, a team made up purely of Elites and 1st cats by the looks of it, followed by Corley's, Arbis then Zappi's boys and then CCA.

I had to dash off so didn't have time to sit in the evening sun and soak up the atmosphere of what looked like a fantastic nights racing. A very well organised event, with a little more organisation from CCA before next year I can see us getting even higher in the placings...
  • Great effort boys!!
  • edited June 2015
    Great ride guys and good to see the blue train getting recognition.

Guess the big question is can you find a minute to challenge for top honours? More practice as a team? Sounds like wind and conditions could have got you a chunk of time.

Would be good to get a couple more teams into this next year. Maybe CCA women's team or juniors.
  • I think we can improve by a good 30 -40 seconds over the next 12 months. Would be good to have a mixed team entered next year too.