Welcome to the forum

Interclub 30 - Sunday 21st June

edited June 2015 in Time Trial
The IC30 is upon us rather quick after the 15, looking to get back at Beds Road again.
Course is the Nomdas 1U/30 Old Warden course and an early start of 8 am once more
Booking open and will remain so until Tuesday 16th

interclub-booking

Comments

• I'm in, might even get some aero bars.
    John
  • Do you have any more details about the course as i'm not familiar with this one?
  • edited June 2015
    My mistake, it's the usual Old Warden 1U/30 course, don't know what it was thinking. I will post a link shortly.

IC 30 course

A little complicated starting with a loop down to Shefford and then 3 times left at the Caldecote GM Growers roundabout to finish back in Southill.
  • HNCC will endeavour to get the significant turns signed and the traffic busy ones marshalled, but it is the rider’s responsibility to know the course and not to rely on this. Not such a simple course either so I do recommend for those unfamiliar with it to go take a look ahead of time if they are able to. A gpx can be downloaded from the plotaroute link James posted for those that have a GPS gadget. Note that the course is just slightly over 30 miles. I have simplified it slightly by not making the last lap avoid the sharp left at Northwood End Road – that removes need for extra signage and marshalling and I think a few have gone wrong there in recent years. For those that like the old school course description ...

START on south side of unclassified road Ireland-Southill at field boundary (GR 141413). Proceed west to triangle where left and downhill to junction with A600 where left into Shefford and then left on to B658.
    Follow through Broom cross roads (4.5m) to GM Growers where left to Old Warden. Continue through village, past Southill-Old Warden and Cardington junctions to disused railway bridge where continue on road to turn sharp left at Northwood End Road to Ireland where left over hump back bridge.
    Continue and take first left through Southill village to Broom cross roads where left onto B658.
    Repeat circuit via Broom cross roads and continue to GM Growers and Old Warden to Southill-Old Warden and Cardington junctions to disused railway bridge where continue on road to turn sharp left at Northwood End Road to Ireland where left over humpback bridge Continue and take first left through Southill village to Broom cross roads where left onto B658.
    Repeat circuit via Broom cross roads and continue to GM Growers and Old Warden to Southill-Old Warden and Cardington junctions to disused railway bridge where continue on road to turn sharp left at Northwood End Road to Ireland where left over humpback bridge. Continue along road PAST Southill turn to
    FINISH at GR 147413
  • Oh, and HQ is Southill Village Hall. It has only a tiny car park so will need to park on nearby roads, with due respect to local residents of course. Also, a big plea to be on best behaviour riding through Old Warden to avoid more anti-cyclist feedback from there.
  • Hmm . A 30 sounds like a fun challenge but the course sounds like a nightmare to be honest. Given my penchant for getting lost on the way to the corner shop I might have to give this one a miss in favour of a nice out and back that doesn't test my limited mental capabilities.
  • Come on Andy and anyone else thinking about it. Only 5 from CCA so far. We are still leading the competition so it would be a shame to fall behind through lack of numbers. (Not that I've contributed any points as yet)
    John
  • edited June 2015
    Gutted I will this one. Come on Andy, it's not that bad, try and get a recce in and you'll be fine and a much valued team member.
  • All right, bowing to social pressure, I've booked. 50/50 chance I will successfully navigate the course, but it should be a laugh in any case! Is it okay to assume there is a pub somewhere along the course?
  • I can think of at least 2, Southill and Old Warden
    John
  • Excellent. If I don't show up at the finish line within a couple hours, can someone try the pubs? I'll need a lift home ...
  • Cool. I'm riding over as a warm up and home as a warm down I think.
  • Either way, pint before heading home MC? ;-)
  • James if possible an early start would be appreciated. Thanks.
    John
  • I have a good list of CCA entries via the BRCC web site and a couple via email. Will endeavour to take requested early / late starts into account. If anyone has indicated in this thread that they want a start but has not registered via BRCC or email then email me right away nick.j.hickman@binternet.com . I can't tell names from posts here and am not regularly on your site so won't necessarily be back here before I prepare the start list. I won't actually be there Sunday as I have some business to attend to on E2/100, but hope you all have an excellent ride (not too excellent of course ;-) )
  • Start list now closed. Have sent it along to James McKenzie. Would post it here myself but I can't see how to upload a file I'm afraid. Is it possible?
  • rode the course yesterday. Quite a few potholes to be aware of. On the initial starting loop on the section at the bottom, between the two roundabouts (as reach the houses) road surface is really poor. As take 1st exit at mini roundabout sunken drain right on the line you would take. Main road up is fine except for a big hole just before the turning to Southill (will come out of this turning on 2nd and 3rd lap but it won't affect you then). Can't think of anything else too bad except left hand turn to Ireland is a bit gravelly.
    See you there
    Jackie
  • Link to startsheet http://book-to-ride.com/BRCC/Register/IC30_HNCC_2015_Start_Sheet.pdf

John - you seem to be down twice - lucky you - 60 miles! think you are no 2 and 35! Better make the first one quick!
    Jackie
  • Oh crap, I've messed this up and there are two conflicting start sheets floating around. Was a late night after a long day. Please be patient folks. Not much I can do until I get home.
  • My mistake only impacts John Thorpe and Andrew Skeen to any significant degree. Some others will have their times change by handful of minutes. Got in a muddle when trying to accommodate some requests for early / late starts. I shall correct and re-publish as soon as I am able to this evening.
  • edited June 2015
    No need to complicate things NIck. Just leave one time blank and leave everyone on the same time. Solved.

Unless there's more to it than John?

We appreciate your efforts in any case, and look forward to riding the event. Thanks fella!

Andy
  • Too many other little changes to make. Almost done. CCA changes are not big ones though.
  • edited June 2015
    Start information available:
    IC30-start-sheet-link

CCA

8:03 J Thorpe
    8:14 J Field
    8:17 J Davis
    8:20 A Skeen
    8:26 M Constable
    8:38 J Stuart
    8:45 C Luggeri
    8:47 J Layne
    8:49 S Dixon

Good luck all and hopefully stay on course
  • Apologies can't make this now. Probably always too ambitious trying to squeeze it into a very busy day.
    Anyway good luck all who are riding.
  • Good luck to everyone tomorrow. Sorry I couldn't make it this time - my mum is over and requires entertaining!
  • Hi NIck, please let the record show that I sent in my apologies on Saturday. Unfortunately, your email bounced back so I emailed Graham Laming and he did reply Saturday evening thanking me for letting him know. Sounds like everyone had a good time and I was sorry to miss it.

Andy Skeen
  • Well done to everyone and thank you to Michael M for taking on marshalling duties enabling Justin to ride who, despite the conditions, improved on last year's time by 5 1/2 minutes.

IC30-result

Hopefully many more available for the 25..