Welcome to the forum

Saturday 20th June 9.30am club ride to the TOB ladies finish

edited June 2015 in Club runs
We can get to ride the finish of the ladies TOB this Saturday before the race finishes in Stevenage old town.

So, thought that we could do half of the Stevenage circumnavigation route

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/662600360

Ashwell, Walkren, Watton-at-Stone-Datchworth-Codicote and then Knebworth/Stevenage

to be at sign on point for the sprint down the high street at 11.30

Should be good !!

Comments

• Want to do this, but then I also want to watch them come up the heath in Royston - decisions, decisions...
  • Can you make it from Royston to Stevenage quicker than they can?
  • edited June 2015
    ha ha

Hey, it'd be fun trying to hold on to the back of that peloton, wouldn't it?
  • edited June 2015
    All that chain gang practice should be a doddle ....
  • If only it were that simple - I'd actually need to be in both places at exactly the same time.
  • edited June 2015
    I will be up the hill with a McCoffee!

...and a shiny new hooter. Vigorous, hour long hooting took it's toll on my old one!!
  • I'm going to watch it on the heath as well, but will still ride out to Ashwell for 9.30 and then do a medium ride back to Royston, probably via Sandon, Buckland, Barley which is part of the race route.
  • Call me a fair weather cyclist. Heavy rain is now the forecast for all of tomorrow morning so I may rethink coming out. Don't wait if you don't see me.
  • Ok, you're a fair weather cyclist. But I am too - yeah it's not looking good is it?
  • David,
    I have to sort out some serious car trouble in the morning and get Finn to a train, so if I don't appear at the Tuns in the morning, I'll see you at the meeting point on Old Stevenage at 11.30. Ta!
    Susan and Olly
  • Alrighty, might be a decide in the morning sort of day.....

Could be a train to Stevenage if Adam is right !
  • Man and Woman up
    It's not raining yet, and it's warm.
    See you at The Tuns
  • Waterproof, winter bike

On my way !
  • Fab morning, thanks David and Emma - always great to catch opportunities even if Adam did beat me on the sprint to the finishing gantry!
  • Whoever was on the second Qom behind the stabs flag, you just got 15 seconds on TV!
  • edited June 2015
    A quick gopro vid off my bars from the ride through. Sorry for the clipping at the start, I'm a bit ham fisted it appears and had techincal "issues". I also managed to get rain in the camera, so no photos from today :(

• Good view of BobS from the back!
    Spotted John M further down the hill.
    Good day out
  • A great day out to the tour finish in Stevenage. A perfectly timed ride; slip end, Walkern, Watton, Datchworth, Codicote, Knebworth to pull up on stev high street at 11.25! About 15 of us sprinted down the high street to crowds cheering but none of us were fast enough for the 2 flying youngster at the front - good job lads! We collected our certificates and posed for the cameras before taking up a prime spot at the finish line. The rain had started by this point but the turnout was excellent and it was a great atmosphere. We also had plenty of free stuff to keep us occupied :-) we saw the ladies whizz past followed by a few stragglers about 15mins later and also had a good view of all the podium presentations.
    We didn't make it onto the TV highlights ( saw bob and Pete though) although our bright yellow hats did and when you mingle with the stars it makes up for it......
  • It's amazing how much free stuff you can get into your jersey pockets! Malt loaf supplies for the next week :-)
  • edited June 2015
    A few shots from the Heath:

• edited June 2015
    Are there any of the ladies or kids that went, who'd like a Velocio SRAM bottle? I popped over to Hemel today as it was much better for photos and picked up the last 1. First 1 to shout gets it.
  • That was a lot of fun! Thanks to David and Emma for excellent navigation that got us to the start of the finish in good time. That cup of tea was a lifesaver, thanks Jenny! Does anyone know if the "official" photos of us on the finish line are online anywhere?
    Susan
  • Think you must have been working on age before beauty, Olly