edited June 2015 in Club runs
Ahoy

40 miles at 16 mph
Bit of a westerly wind, so head out into it
But dry tomorrow

CP

Comments

• May do Preston, Lilly bottom, hexton tomorrow
    Perhaps FD joins us on route for a while ?

CP
  • FDFD
    edited June 2015
    Yo Ho Cap'n

Might get out early than usual, as it's Father's Day and allow the teenagers time to wake up!

Thinking Ashwell - St Ives, nice flat route - 60 miles @ 15-16mph....

.....alternatively, what time you passing through Willian...10.15ish?

FD
  • Yes doing Baldock Willian
    See you on the way
  • 9 set sail into the breeze
    41 miles at 16.5mph with a few hills included
    Father's Day treat
    Captain still groggy from Friday night grog
    Captain light weight these days
    FD looking slim, will he fit in the outfit ? will keep you posted.

CP
  • Yo Ho

Good to be back aboard the Pig for a cruise through the lanes.

Hexton Hill was quicker going down today, instead of grovelling up yesterday.

Decent knots down from Higham Gobion with No Nonsense Nick pulling the boat along and the Cap'n water-skiing behind.

One advantage of losing weight is not so much going quicker uphill, but being able to get down on the drops on the flatter sections, without your gut resting on the top tube and stopping you breathing.....

....Aim is to get into the green and black team jersey, instead of the Green & Black chocolate bar getting into me!

FD
  • edited June 2015
    Yes with all the talk of diets i tried the 'drink your body weight in cider' the night before the ride

Good ride with some great highlights such as our little blast with Nick out front and then John taking the reins

I turned off early and got full brownie points for an early Fathers day appearance which also included an very nice gift of the 'official programme to the 2015 TDF'

Have now switched from the famed south west apple brew to something more continental - limoncello

Thanks for the ride

Pete2embracingmyEuropeanside
  • Hi, I'd just like to thank you for letting me join you on your Sunday ride. I had a good time and found you all very welcoming.

I appreciate I'm a bit green where group riding is concerned, if you are happy to have me back I'd love to join you again.

Alternatively I'll keep my eye on the forum for the next group ride intro so as I'm not so clumsy when I join you again.

Again, a big thank you.

Finlay
  • Hi Fin

No problem, good to see you, come whenever you like

James