Welcome to the forum

CCA Open TT N&DCA - Saturday 19th September 2pm

edited July 2015 in Time Trial
As last year this is to be on the Brogborough F15/10 course.

In 2014 Justin, Jason, & MC won the team prize and set an N&DCA competition record for 10 miles.

It would be great to have another large CCA entry (all welcome), entries close Tuesday 8th September 6pm

In addition we will require assistance to run the event, i.e marshals, pushers, help with time-keeping, signing-on & cakes.

More information to follow in due course and thank you in anticipation.

Comments

• HI James. I 'might' do this just to help get over the nerves (If my new bike is together and running by then). If I don't have a bike I would be happy to help. I will have use of both arms by then so could timekeep or marshall as required.

I will press-gang my wife into helping in any case, so please put her down.
  • I'll bring a cake
  • If it's an early start I should be OK.
    John
  • Oh and I'll bring a cake
    John
  • Dave and I will be there, and we'll bring cake
  • i'm available to help/marshall/time keep, whatever. will try and bring cake too.
  • Great start, thanks everyone.
  • edited August 2015
    For those (like myself) who had forgotten to enter...

https://evententry.ctt.org.uk/Rider/MyDetails
  • Unfortunately at a Wedding this date.......not mine though!!!
  • edited August 2015
    Hi James,

It looks like I may be able to ride this! My wife now has an engagement on that day and is balking at helping. Sorry about that!

SP
  • Keen to help and also keen to ride. Can I go off early and get back to the HQ to help with the scoreboard?

Helping trumps riding if this can't be accommodated.
  • James unfortunately I will no longer be able to ride this one but am willing to help in some way, so long as it's something I'll be able to do while keeping an eye on my young terrorists! I'll bake a cake or 2 as well.
    John
  • We are still probably a couple short for the race tomorrow - the event takes place on the F15/10 (old A421) near Marston Moretaine. You would need to be at the HQ by 1pm and would be finished duties by 4.30 at the latest.

If you can spare the time please post here or email jamesmck@ccashwell.com

There are 11 CCA riders in a full field of 120.

Start sheet
  • Sorry cannot help tomorrow pm. Hope to all goes well and someone comes forward.
  • Good luck to all the riders and helpers today. Looks like being a perfect day for a TT.
  • Was definately a fast day... Justin smashed it with a winning time of 19:37 i believe. Jackie took top womens spot too. Some hefty chunks were taken from many PB's. Great work James and everyone else
  • Elsewhere I managed to sneak under the 20 minute mark on the E2/10 with a 19.56... New PB for me there.
  • Awesome Will!
  • A huge thank you to James and everyone who gave up their time/own ride to make this happen. It was a brilliant event, helped by the fantastic conditions and I'm sure made for many PBs.
  • Echo other comments - good event.

I enjoyed my ride but bizarrely had a recreational rider who thought it was a good idea to jump on my wheel and sit on for 2-3 miles on my outward leg. Simply flabbergasted and he hung on despite my vigorous displeasure, constant stream of snot and momentary Tourette's.
  • edited September 2015
    We had a high class turned out for Saturday’s race with 7 riders inside 21 minutes. The weather was fantastic and conditions were excellent for TT’ing.
    Top of the tree was Justin who put in a superb performance to go half a minute quicker than his Interclub time back in April and 1:31 faster than his time in the same event last year!
    Immense thanks to everyone who helped to run this event and despite being a bit short on numbers beforehand, some of CCA’s early riders took on important tasks after they had ridden to ensure everything went smoothly. Therefore my thanks to:

Richard G, John T+, Jeremy P, Matt S, James D, Bob Sw, Dave & Sandy N, Stef D, Roz M, Ali M, Becky G. And thanks also to all the cake-makers.
    The event was oversubscribed this year but with all 9 reserves eventually getting a ride we had 112 finishers. The event made £144.50 to go into club funds.

Full results will be available soon but here’s how the 11 ‘awesome’ CCA riders did, several PB’s in there I’m certain :-)

Justin Layne – 19:39 – 1st, (2nd team)
    Jason Stuart – 22:16 – 21st, (2nd team)
    Mark Constable – 22:39 – 36th, (2nd team)
    Jackie Field – 23:15 - 51st, 1st Woman and 2nd Vet X Cat
    James Davis – 23:37 – 54th
    Andy Skeen – 23:44 – 58th
    Jeremy Prodger – 23:59 – 64th
    Dave Wells – 24:09 – 68th
    Gareth Lewis – 24:27 – 70th, 3rd Junior
    Matt Scales – 25:00 – 77th
    Jenny Andrews - 26:59 – 98th

Get next year’s event in your diaries right now – Saturday 17th September 2016
  • Many many thanks to you James for organising a great day out, and to all the volunteers who made the event happen. Very nice of you to arrange sunny, warm and calm conditions as well!

It was a nice way to come back after the crash and squeeze in a positive race before the end of the season. The physio has been going well and I was happy that I could sit in a low aero position for the whole race without too much shoulder pain. I have a whole winter now to get fully recovered before having to do that again, phew.

I have to thank the fabulous Richard Maynard for helping me get the new TT bike set up and ready to ride at the very last minute, what with all the fiddly internal cabbles and whatsits ...

Well done to all the riders, especially those who had to stop at the roundabout and still managed to land a PB (way to go Jenny!).

Next year's race is already on my plan, though I somehow doubt the weather could possibly be as great as it was Saturday.
  • Sounds like a great day - congrats to all riders. Sorry I couldn't be there - I had a date with a daffodil hat and rugby ball at the millennium stadium :-) I'll put next years date in my diary!