Welcome to the forum

Interclub Hill Climb - Sunday 4th Oct - Results

edited July 2015 in Time Trial
After success in the IC 10 and 25 we have an excellent chance of taking the IC series this season. We will need a really good turnout for the Hill Climb in October so please put this date in your diary.

Sunday 4th Oct - 10.30 - Sharpenhoe Clappers

See you there even though I vowed never to do hill climbs again!

Comments

• I'm in.
    John
  • I have checked and have no excuses. . Do i need to register?
  • NOt open yet, but registration will be here
  • Calling John Polak and Justin Layne

... you were awesome in this event last year. And by the sound of things, going even better this year
  • Someone said Polak moved to Bristol and left the club, but hopefully Justin will show!!!
  • Hi Guys - are you holding a club hill climb? (in addition to the IC event) - Cheers Andy
  • Hi, yes the club HC is pencilled in for the 11th Oct, not got past the pencilling stage yet but likely similar to last years.
  • IS it too late for me to ride this?
  • I'm also hoping to ride, doesn't look like entries are open yet? (Or have they closed already?)
  • No, wont have opened yet. there was a bit of a last minute panic over who was organising it, but i think that is sorted now.
  • I won't be riding this now as my oldest daughter is going to a party with the wife and I will be at home with the other two. If I am brave enough I might bring them over to watch..

I may stop posting I will do rides as this is becoming a running theme!

Sorry

Chris
  • edited September 2015
    Booking now open for this event which starts at 10.30 not 9.30 as previously indicated

Book here

or email me at jamesmck@ccashwell.com

Either way entries to be in by Tuesday 29th please - fee £4 to be paid on the day
  • I've entered, but will need to see how the legs are the day after a 30mile TT with no training for a few weeks!
  • Booked! How long is this hill? Just for mental preparation!
  • Booked in
  • Looking at the quality and numbers of CCA on the booking sheet we should have a good shout at winning this one and the series.
    Remember we need not just the fast riders but a good spread of points scorers right down the order.

Very sadly i wont be able to unleash my awesome climbing power as im huffing and puffing round a field in Colchester.
  • Popped across and rode the hill today - really excited about giving it a full beans effort on Sunday!! There will be pain!
  • Something's gone wrong in my head - signed up!
  • Whereabouts is sign on? Thinking of training to Hitchin with a 10 mile warm up through Hexton
  • Sorry James, I can't now make this as I'm serving as pit crew for a pursuit team at World Master's in Manchester.
  • edited October 2015
    Fantastic response from CCA with 15 on the start sheet, here is the start information and times

Promoted for and behalf of Cycling Time Trials under their Rules and Regulations

Headquarters
    The Chequers, Public House, Sharpenhoe Road, Streatley, LU3 3PS.
    The signing on sheets and your numbers will be in the Smokers Hut in the Car Park of the Public
    House which is at the front of the building; this will be available from 10am.
    A cup of tea or coffee will be provided by the Pub from 11am onwards, please hand your number
    to the Club Officer in the Bar area and he will arrange for you to get your tea or coffee. There will
    If you arrive at the start without your number you will have the hill to ride again and will probably
    Any junior or juvenile rider must have a completed Parental Consent Form, which must be handed
    in when signing on. If you have signed one at your own Clubroom during the season then you do
    not have to fill another in for this event.
    In the interests of good relations with the Pub Landlord please do not fill the Car Park up use the

Course Details

6X/H (0.6 miles) Sharpenhoe - Hill Climb
    Start (Grid ref. TL 064 304) on unclassified road (Sharpenhoe – Streatley) by southern gate of field
    entrance some 87 yards south of Sharpenhoe village 40mph sign.
    Finish opposite at where a 13% decent warning sign on right hand side of the road (used to be) at

The entry fee is £4.00 each rider payable when signing on, £2.50 for under 18 year olds.

If you need food after the event why not stay on stay on for Sunday lunch at the Pub.

1 Paul Richardson Icknield Road Club 10.31
    2 Christopher Tribe Hitchin Nomads C.C. 10.32
    3 Jon Clark Beds Road C.C. 10.33
    4 James McKenzie C.C.Ashwell 10.34
    5 David Cook Beds Road C.C. 10.35
    6 Graeme Mulheron St Neots C.C. 10.36
    7 Paul Patchett Icknield Road Club 10.37
    8 Chris Corney Hitchin Nomads C.C. 10.38
    9 Michael Domarus Beds Road C.C. 10.39
    10 Luke Danckert C.C.Ashwell 10.40
    11 Paul French Beds Road C.C. 10.41
    12 Jennifer Andrews (W) C.C.Ashwell 10.42
    13 Ross Thomson Hitchin Nomads C.C. 10.43
    14 Duncan Doswell Beds Road C.C. 10.44
    15 Simon Rinaldo St Neots C.C. 10.45
    16 Richard Pratt Icknield Road Club 10.46
    17 Simon Doyle Hitchin Nomads C.C. 10.47
    18 Peter Gell Beds Road C.C. 10.48
    19 Martin Lawless C.C.Ashwell 10.49
    20 Graham Laming Beds Road C.C. 10.50
    21 Mark Gray Beds Road C.C. 10.51
    22 Nigel Wilson Hitchin Nomads C.C. 10.52
    23 Ruth Fox (W) C.C.Ashwell 10.53
    24 Terry Sykes Beds Road C.C. 10.54
    25 Sue Thebrave Beds Road C.C. 10.55
    26 Mark Greenhow St Neots C.C. 10.56
    27 James Gomm Hitchin Nomads C.C. 10.57
    28 Dave Morgan Icknield Road Club 10.58
    29 Andy Kerr Beds Road C.C. 10.59
    30 Tim Davies Icknield Road Club 11.00
    31 Nick Hickman Hitchin Nomads C.C. 11.01
    32 Jo McDonald Beds Road C.C. 11.02
    33 Simon Richardson St Neots C.C. 11.03
    34 Dave Mitchinson C.C.Ashwell 11.04
    35 Mark Young Hitchin Nomads C.C. 11.05
    36 Jonathan Roots Beds Road C.C. 11.06
    37 Andy Beezer Icknield Road Club 11.07
    38 Malcolm Pullen C.C.Ashwell 11.08
    39 Roger Taylor Hitchin Nomads C.C. 11.09
    40 Andrew Richards C.C.Ashwell 11.10
    41 Patrick Smith Beds Road C.C. 11.11
    42 Jason Dynes Hitchin Nomads C.C. 11.12
    43 Matthew Scales C.C.Ashwell 11.13
    44 Joy Wilkinson (W) Beds Road C.C. 11.14
    45 David Rickels Hitchin Nomads C.C. 11.15
    46 Adam Swan C.C.Ashwell 11.16
    47 Chris Jones Icknield Road Club 11.17
    48 Lillie Swan (W) C.C.Ashwell 11.18
    49 Gavin Ashfield Hitchin Nomads C.C. 11.19
    50 Thomas Robb Beds Road C.C. 11.20
    51 William Smith C.C.Ashwell 11.21
    52 Nick Senechal Hitchin Nomads C.C. 11.22
    53 John Thorpe C.C.Ashwell 11.23
    54 Josh Curtis Icknield Road Club 11.24
    55 Tom Trimble C.C.Ashwell 11.25
    56 Andy Saunders Hitchin Nomads C.C. 11.26
    57 David Woodhouse C.C.Ashwell 11.27
    58 Harry Newton (Jun) Icknield Road Club 11.28
    59 Chris Pearce PTT 11.29
  • Great stuff. Looking forward to it. One thing... Lillie Swan is not listed as a woman. Can that be annotated?
  • Looking good - the only thing is, I don't seem to be on the list - I received the booking confirmation email, but did I not make the cut..?
    Cheers,
    Dave.
  • Dave I will make some enquiries and get back to you. Please can you send through the email to me.
  • edited October 2015
  • Sorry JMac. Looks like I can't read. She is a woman on there after all!
  • Good luck all. I love this event and looks like we have a great turn out. I'll be riding round in circles on Sunday!
  • I'll be cycling over to the hill climb, leaving Guilden Morden 8.45am, arriving Ashwell at 9am. Langford 9.20ish I guess.

I'll swing up Hexton hill to warm up. 23 miles. I hope to arrive at sign-on 10.15am.

Note, I'm not cycling back.

Maybe I'll see you along the way... Maybe a few Sunday 9am club run riders?

http://www.bikemap.net/en/route/3292601-guilden-sharpenhoe/
  • Just spotted this thread, as I was looking up the CX fixture info. Polak has not left the club, but is second claim now. Sadly can't make this event, as it's brilliant, but there's awesome turnout from CCA so I am sure you will monster it.

Good luck to all tomorrow!