Welcome to the forum

Central CX RAF Halton Rnd 1

edited September 2015 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Thought we would give this a try as there was a gap in the eastern Calendar.

Apparently only the second time this venue has been used. It won their best course award last year and I can see why. Great setting and almost the perfect wish list of CX features. Short steep climbs, steps, gravel, road, off camber, single track, wide open sections and hurdles. All that was missing was mud but we had bright sunshine to thank for that.

Good turnout from CCA. Results service at central not a patch on the excellent eastern set up so nothing confirmed but these are the ones I know of. Joe Hadsley got 4th. Jackie got first lady. Noah got 2nd U16.

Comments

• This page from lfgss seems to agree with the opinions about the course. Some good pictures and i think thats Dave hiding behind a tree in a Welwyn sandwich.
    Good results folks.

Welwyn Sandwich
  • edited September 2015
    Results have now been posted

U10s
    3rd Ethan Storti
    5th Rhys Cairns - great ride in his first race
    19th Sam Quiggin - Sam is so good that he came 19th even though he was 200 miles away!

All others up on Central league site.
  • Yes that's me, I only managed to beat one of those riders in the end but was very happy with my 29th place. I somehow started on the second row and did a Pete Daniels style start going in to the first corner in about 10th!

Cracking course and venue, one of the best out there. I have to say though that I think we can match it with our event, a similar venue and surroundings and as much variation in the course as they have. We may even have mud!
  • Under 12s were lapping in just over 1 minute on a much shorter course than last year for the youngsters.
    Not too surprising the results take a bit of sorting out.
    Managed a couple of laps of the full course with Nathan while the Vets were out practising though.