Welcome to the forum

8am Saturday 3rd October 2015

edited October 2015 in Club runs
Propose Woburn, Ivinghoe, Redbourne.......85 miles

....open to other offers!

Comments

• I'm in. Haven't been to see the deer in ages

Hub in Redbourne?
  • Sounds good - not been to Woburn since early June.

Hub at Redbourne good idea.
  • GWDGWD
    edited October 2015
    Hi,

I'm training to do 400 miles in 4 days from Glasgow to Luton. So this would be good training ride fire me, but worried I'd be able to keep up. Is there a target average speed?

I've done a few club rides (one to St Ives with the sunrise ride) and midweek TTs.

Gareth
  • edited October 2015
    There isn't a target speed. It is more about a long ride at a steady (but not slow) speed. We generally stop for a coffee and everyone is relaxing a bit after a long season. We try to stay together and regroup after the hills.

Think 85miles at 17-18mph average.
  • Thanks Jeremy. I'd like to join the group if that's ok.
  • Gareth - see you at the Tuns at 8am on Saturday.
  • GWDGWD
    edited October 2015
    Thanks Jeremy
  • Count me in...looking forward to catch up with you again after a good summer.
  • Hoping to be there ????
  • sorry cant make it as it is the wife's turn to be away so on chauffeuring duty
  • Should be there (if I get up :) early enough)
  • wot no Robbie
  • Chest cold but legs are super so may join you all for a blast.
  • Thanks all for the ride. That certainly challenged me but I thoroughly enjoyed it...on some level :)

Hopefully someone realised I split with Garteth at Willian? There was no way I could have caught you all up to say so. Was good to meet more members and I hope to see you all again soon.
    Finlay
  • Enjoyed ride today, thanks Phil for organising.
    Also good to catch up with new and not so new members. Enjoyed coffee and cake and coffee again.
  • edited October 2015
    Really enjoyed that too. I ended up with 96miles at bang on 17mph. Thanks to Phil for the route and leading. Tough ride with 3800ft of climbing. Good to see Gareth and Finlay out and hopefully today didn't put you off. Also, great to catch up with Graham who must be CCA's biggest mile eater in 2015.

See everyone next week.
    JP
  • That was good ... and hard. And yes, the patio at the Tuns seemed especially nice afterwards

In spite of reaching Ivinghoe Beacon near the back of the group, I got a PB on that 3km climb today. Which reminds me (again) that I have v strong riding buddies and I shouldn't beat myself up about spending more time at the back this year! Gotta be happy with bettering my own performance. It's yet more evidence that the whole group is riding a lot stronger than it was last year. Be proud

And BTW autumn is here. It must be nearly time to ease off now :)
  • Thanks for a memorable ride all. My plan of riding out a cold failed miserably. Came back with avengeance today.
    I hope that's why I felt shot at the end. hopefully hot coffee next time.
  • Hi, I really enjoyed the ride and hope you weren't fed up of waiting for me! I was trying my best i promise...

I hope to join you again in the coming weeks.

Gareth
  • Good to have you on board, Gareth. And Fin too, of course

I'm quite scared of trying to keep up with you two when the fitness returns
  • Jane, I think you miss understand... This is all I have so no need to worry about anything returning. Too much time spent on flat Tri courses. :-)
  • Thanks Jane, I'm not so much returning to fitness as trying to obtain it in the first place:)

A Sunday ride is off the cards for me again this week so I'll be keeping a keen eye on the 8am plans this week.

Gareth, I struggled to keep up with you in the end, can you make the early Saturday ride this week? If we both go at least you'll have someone to keep you company if you do drop off the back and we don't need to hold the group up.

Speaking of which, many thanks all for waiting for me, much appreciated. I'm sure towards the end as I got slower it became a pain.
  • Gareth and Fin - I encourage you both to persevere with the Saturday rides as much as you can. I don't recall any problems with regrouping or waiting. Please don't be discouraged.
  • Thanks Jeremy, I definatley didn't feel discouraged at any point. I'm glad I plucked up the courage to join in.

I will looking to do as many of these rides as possible from now on, starting with this coming Saturday hopefully.