Welcome to the forum

8am Saturday 7 Nov Jeremy's Blue Egg special

edited November 2015 in Club runs
Hope you all can make it... to celebrate a special birthday just like mine! Cake and coffees on us!!!

Shaun's celebeatory route coming soon too.

Comments

• Happy birthday to you both, sorry I can't make it but will be racing down the Thames.
  • Not actually my birthday for a couple of weeks... and I might not be able to make this Saturday.

I am putting together a new route, though with a new cafe stop. I'll post it here when I've finished it.
  • How about celebrating Jeremy's (21st again) birthday this Saturday ...

... and Shaun's on 21st Nov? (Else a pre-birthday ride on 14th instead?)
  • I'll be out on Saturday but just happy with the usual ride and banter......
    How about a trip out to the Blue Egg?

JP
  • Blue Egg Cafe it is...
  • Happy birthday Jeremy (& Shaun for later!)

Can't ride with you for a while but enjoy the half centuries!
  • Winter speed? May go fixed if so... gears if not.
  • Forecast is wet, so yes, mudguards and winter pace

November now. Welcome to winter riding. Didn't we have a spectacular October, though
  • To the birthday guys....sorry cannot make it as going to London to watch Rugby Lge Eng v NZealand.
    Have a good ride all.
  • Yep winter bikes and riding. Make the route dependent on the weather. If really wet then stay in bed!
  • It's wet but warm!
  • Probably out on Sunday when it will be dry. Enjoy
  • have a good one guys. Happy 50's....I'm 65 next feb so looking to do summat say in April if you are coming up.
    had a great ride last week. probably the last really fine day this year to ride my bling bike. Did a cheeky 80 miler at just under 16's so happy with that. Spending most of my time catching up on the farm work.
  • It's wet but warm!!
  • edited November 2015
    Very
  • Mudguards, overshoes and Gore Tex. Let's go.
  • I should be there, having spent several hours during the week simultaneously shouting and fitting new "Longboard" mudguards to the winter bike :) Weather currently looking promising for testing them.
  • You guys are nuts. It's going to be so wet for two hours in the morning.
    I may make it for an hour or so but need to get back for the bank.
    Been meaning to get to it all week but didn't get the chance.
  • Good gritty autumnal ride for eight hardy riders and birthday boy Jeremy... blue egg special clocking 70 miles plus. Another next week before the Shaun Birthday Special on the 21st November.
  • edited November 2015
    8am ride
  • Nice ride, in spite of the dampness and increasing breeze. I was tired quite a long way before the end, so sorry for holding up the run in.

My mudguards work well. I did notice that everyone else's mudguards are now not up to scratch. Address that before the next wet ride please.
  • Oddly I quite enjoyed that. The weather and conditions overcome with a positive mental attitude and a bit of determination. The right clothing and bikes helped too. Getting to the Blue Egg was easy in the tail wind. Getting back to Ashwell was super tough with the worst of the rain too. It was difficult to keep the group together in the conditions and I too suffered with the pace riding my winter tank.

Special thanks to everyone who braved it today. Celebrating with a few bottles of Leffe tonight.

JP
  • Just looking at Toma's picture. It has Toma in it? Who is the mystery photographer?
  • I guess it was Mrs toma ......

Yes, good ride and not as wet as forcasted

Btw robbie I thought there was only six of us....must be the whiskey!!!
  • Sorry I missed your bday ride Jeremy. Glad you had a good turnout and enjoyable ride. Got what I needed done. Hope to ride tomorrow instead.
  • Yep, the mrs dropped me off & took the pic :)