Welcome to the forum

ECCA marshalling duties 2016!!

edited June 2016 in Time Trial
Please see below from the ECCA. Essentially we have to provide 7 duties across the season. The sooner we get our choices in the more likely we are to get what we would like. End of Jan is the deadline, then we get whatever is left, usually early morning 100 slots.
Can i suggest as a start that anyone who has ridden an ECCA tt last year puts in 1 duty and we'll go from there.

Comments

• I could do the Sun 29/5/16-E2/25 and Sun 26/6/16-E34/10
  • Tim,

Put me down for Hog Hill on 30 Apr. That looks like the safest option for me. I won't know any more until I receive the dates of my events next year.

Cheers,

Luke
  • Hi James. Put Wendy down for E91/10 on 2 May, And she can also do the E2/10 on August 20. She's also happy to volunteer for working the Track Champs on 24/9. I will put myself down for a few once I've worked out my racing calendar later.

A
  • James
    E2/100 - if possible the Sawston roundabout at 5.00am
    Michael
  • Thanks everyone for volunteering.

I have put in for those events so we we see what we get back and then hopefully can share it around when we know.
  • I could do a couple, say 19th March on the E2 and 1st May on the E6?
  • Looks like we got off quite lightly! 4 duties as laid out below and 2 of them at the velodrome.
    If we could put names to duties that would be great.

I detail below the duties allocated to: C C Ashwell

Sunday 19th June 4:45am – E2/100
    Organiser – John Golder (jgolder66@outlook.com)

1 Duty

Saturday 20th August 2:00pm – E2/10
    Organiser – Len Gordon (lengordon55@gmail.com)

1 Duty

Saturday 24th September 10:00am – Velodrome
    Organiser – Tony Harvey

2 Duties
  • Cool!

You can put one down for Velodrome duties. It will either be me or Wendy if I'm racing.
  • I have sorted the E2/100 with John Golder - pusher-off
  • edited April 2016
    Please see the below message from the ECCA. It seems they initially missed off 2 allocations both in May and have been forced to move the track champs. I have told them that the May dates might be difficult to fill at such late notice but i would see what we can do. All rather annoying but hope you can help.

"Hi

It is only after Dave mentioned to me that you did not know that CC Ashwell was assigned to his event that I went and checked the allocation details that I sent to you.

After checking the document I noticed that I missed off 2 events when I copied the detail into the document I sent you.

Here is a revised copy of your allocation. The other thing that has changed is the date of the track championship at the Velodrome which is now Saturday 1st October. Not our choice but forced upon us by the Velodrome.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sunday 1st May 2:00pm – E6/25
    Organiser - Dave Nock (davidnock123@gmail.com)

1 Duty

Saturday 14th May 2:00pm – E2-50
    Organiser – Chris Lodge (cm.lodge@tiscali.co.uk)

1 Duty

Sunday 19th June 4:45am – E2/100
    Organiser – John Golder (jgolder66@outlook.com)

1 Duty

Saturday 20th August 2:00pm – E2/10
    Organiser – Len Gordon (lengordon55@gmail.com)

1 Duty

Saturday 1st October – Velodrome
    Organiser – Tony Harvey (tony@tonyharveytraining.com)

2 Duties
  • I'm racing on all of those days, otherwise I'd be happy to do a bit of marshalling. Sorry!
  • I'll do Saturday 20th August.
  • Thanks James and Michael.

I think we will get away without supplying a marshal for the 1st May event, the organiser has said he can do the sign on himself which was the intended CCA position but we will need someone very soon for the May 14th E2/50 event. See below.....

Hi everyone

The following is the list of marshals assigned to the race. Can people please contact me as soon as possible to confirm their attendance. I’d like to firm things up this week as I am away after that and will only have a few days prior to the 14th to sort any problems.

The course description is also attached below for those that don’t know it. HQ is Waterley Westless Village Hall

If you have a preferred location for your marshalling duty, -please let me know. I can’t please everyone but I will do my best. It will be first come first served. More incentive to reply quickly folks!

It also helps if you can bring your own reflective jackets. We will have a supply at the HQ but it’s easier if you have your own.

Hope to hear from you all soon. Thanks to those who’ve already contacted me.

Chris

Email is best but here’s some numbers:
    Work 0208 486 1403
    Home 0208 458 4821
    Mobile 0755 222 5864
  • From the event organiser for the E2 50

Hello Tim

Chris on holidays for a couple of weeks, and just checking that C C Ashwell, are okay to supply one marshal.

Apologies if you already have replied, but if you could let me know all is okay, then I would be very grateful.

Kind regards Kevin Megan

FPCC Marshaling Secretary
  • The ECCA track champs is now on the 1st Oct at 4pm having been moved from the September date. As part of our ECCA membership commitment we have been allocated 2 slots. Im not quite sure what marshalling in the velodrome entails but cant imagine its too demanding and has got to be better than hanging around a roundabout at 6 in the morning in the rain. Anyway anyone going? and anyone fancy volunteering. I think Andy S was originally down but that was before the date change so not sure if that still works?