Welcome to the forum

"Braver than the Elements"

edited November 2015 in General
Rapha are promoting "Braver than the Elements" ride on 12th December, an invitation to "all women who ride, to step out into conditions you might otherwise shy away from". There doesn't seem to be any restrictions on distance, and there are prizes for the best "capturing the elements" photos. I was disappointed not to manage the Rapha 100 this year, so I'm up for this one, although a coffee/cake stop will be required! Who's with me?
Susan

Comments

• Sounds good Susan, the perfect excuse not to go Christmas shopping. Barring any major family commitments count me in!
  • Hey Susan - is this ride still on? Do you have any idea of distance or timing?? Thanks, Roz
  • Oh yes! We're still on, will post details later in the week when I get some better ideas about the state of the weather.
  • About thirty miles with cake stop. 9.30am Three Tuns.
  • I'll be there, and it looks like the elements will require us to be brave!
  • Yes! Well we don't have go far!
  • Jenny, Roz, Lucia and I found some elements to be brave about and set off to do the Tour de Old Warden. Cake and delicious drinky things at Jordan's Mill were very welcome before a photo shoot near the Langford water tower (attempting to find a really bleak view - photo on Rapha). We had a great time, rounded off with a well contested sprint to the Ashwell sign. Thanks for a fab morning, great riding, great company.
    Susan
  • Thanks all for a great morning, really enjoyable company and a beautiful route. Luckily it wasn't as wet as forecast, but the wind definitely picked up for the journey home! Well done to Lucia for keeping the pace up in the final sprint!
  • Thank you Susan for organising us - I really enjoyed the ride - What rain? What wind? What sprint? I just love being tail-end Charlie (or Charlotte, if that is more politically correct)!! Have a good Christmas break and see you in the New Year.