Welcome to the forum

Tour de Yorkshire 2016

edited December 2015 in General
Route just announced. Friday 29th April to Sunday 1st May.
Anyone interested in coming up to watch this is welcome here at my farm.
Days 1 and 2 are a bit too far south of here to cycle to but day 3 is perfect to cycle out and watch then cycle back.
I could organize a Saturday ride as a good club ride then we could all cycle to Northallerton on Sunday to watch between there and Thirsk. This route is one of my longer circular "flat" rides and runs through some very attractive country.

Comments

• im still at uni during this time geoff otherwise i'd love to come !
  • been away for a bit. no problem Jon. get up here with the lads sometime, maybe hols. hope uni at sheffield going well. do you get together with Theo at the other venue? A bit snowy up here at present
  • Jon C ....you are in Sheffield, half way up here as is Theo. It's from Friday to Sunday.....so how does you being at UNI affect this :-)
  • Etape du Dales is on the 15th May. Come up here for the tour de Yorkshire on 29th April and we can get some training in for the Etape later in the month as well as getting roadside to watch the tour de yorks on the Sunday as it is close to us on that day.
    Happy to sort out a ride route and schedule if anyone interested.
  • Hi Geoff,
    I was only just talking about getting up to Yorkshire with Robbie on Saturday.
    I would be very interested in coming up that weekend.

Pete
  • Hi Geoff,
    Good to hear from you - been a while.
    Guess northern weather and a working farm is a good distraction from cycling?
    Sounds like a good plan for a fun weekend.
    A long one in the Vale on Friday and big day in the hills on Saturday preferred.
    Catch you at the club dinner in February.
    JP
  • Most welcome Pete. Would be good to see you both then.
    Sunday the tour comes close between Northallerton and Thirsk and I have a great route to ride out there and watch. Good caf
  • Just missed yours Jeremy. Sounds good. Maybe all chat at club dinner. Would be good if all could get here for a Friday start
  • Just bringing this to top again. Happy to discuss ideas with people at the club dinner this weekend. See you all there.
  • getting closer so bringing to top....so Pete, Jeremy and Robbie perhaps...any more takers for this weekend? Plenty of room up here and weather should be fine by then..well, was last year :-)
  • Sounds good Geoff and still up for this trip.
    Will chat to a few of the others at the weekend.
  • cheers Jeremy
  • thinking TdeY next weekend. Who is coming ? Weather brilliant here at the moment but sadly been off bike sorting farm and property in Radwell. Hope to get some rides soon. I'll be a bit slower than all you fit sods :-)
  • OK everyone. I need to organize myself depending on who is coming. Trying to juggle things here so if I know who is coming and when ..if at all...then I can plan appropriate rides.
    If a family group wish to join in they are most welcome as I can sort rides and walks if required. It could mean some camping, but as others will tell you there is plenty of space up here. Facilities improving here all the time if not yet fully up to snuff.
    Just let me know by Wednesday LATEST. Cheers
  • I am riding the sportive on the Sunday staying in Scarborough for the weekend with the family.
  • Hi Geoff,
    I had hoped that we would get a group together for this coming weekend. Had some on the bike discussions with the folks I normally ride with. Looks like time and family commitments (especially at a BH) are the challenge to time on the bike. Apologies - should have been in touch sooner after the enthusiasm of Jan/Feb.

Hope you get out and enjoy the racing.
    JP
  • all good ....no problem.
    Will look out for you Martin Good luck.
    Will be sorry not to see you all here this week but given the amount of cycling I've been able to squeeze in would have been rather a pinch to keep up with you all.

Plenty of space and facilities here if anyone still wants to drop by and do their own thing.

hope to see you all sometime soon
  • good call everyone. Snow on the ground around our farm this morning. First day of the tour de Yorkshire and I don't envy the men and women riders trying to compete today.
    hope it is nicer down there.