Welcome to the forum

Saturday 19th December 9.30am club ride - with mince pies !

edited December 2015 in Club runs
Could be a record breaking warm December day tomorrow - bring on that global warming :)

Thought that we could do a variation of the Stevenage circumnavigation tomorrow

Ashwell-Walkern-Knebworth-Codicote-Whitwell-Willian-Baldock-Ashwell

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/662600360

And as we come back through Baldock, everybody is welcome to stop at mine for some festive treats......

See you in the morning, I'm expecting shorts from DaveW !

Comments

• Sounds great - I may meet you in Walkern. (Certainly too warm for tights...)
  • Hope to be able to make it after Martins Xmas bash tonight! Yule log and cranberry orange fizz is poised......of course there's traditional coffee and mince pies as well :-) just need to dig out the summer kit again.......
  • Kids clubs taking a winter break.. I'm in (defo shorts)
  • edited December 2015
    DaveW, if you are meeting us in Walkren we will be going over the ford up past the hall then down by the war memorial (so not down the high street)
  • Sorry more Christmasy duties today
  • Nice ride, thanks David, and Emma too for mince pies, stollen, coffee... and a rest!
  • Well said Olly, thank you David and Emma for the fab rest stop. The Yule log was a serious sugar hit!!
  • edited December 2015
    A bumper turnout yesterday for almost the warmest December day since weather records began. So warm in fact that that not just DaveW but about half the group was sporting summer leg wear!

Great, if slightly muddy route around Stevenage with even a hint of sunshine around Caldicote just to ramp the temperature up even further. Good to see that DaveN went from a festive clementine at the halfway stop too. Slight headwind on the way down became a great tailwind on the way back making it a fun blast up and down Whitwell hill and then all the way back to Baldock.

Excellent ride topped of with some festive comestibles and some Christmas coffee (thanks Emma).

So 40 miles @ 15ish average. Thanks all for a great morning and happy Christmas everybody. See you in 2016 :)