Welcome to the forum

Saturday 23rd Jan 9.30am club ride

edited January 2016 in Club runs
Hurrah, the mild weather is back !

We have been doing a lot of southerly routes recently, so how about the Saturday reverse two bridges route

http://www.mapmyride.com/sc/victoria-english-river/ashwell-old-warden-cardington-cople-moge-route-11764892

Ashwell-Old Warden-Cardington-Cople-Mogerhanger-Everton-Eyeworth-Ashwell (or something similar !)

See you in the morning.....

Comments

• Will be there if my kitchen is delivered in time!
  • We're not out tomorrow...have a good ride
  • Sorry..Fencing (en guard!)
  • Should be there
  • Hi, I'm going to give it a go... See you there

Gareth
  • Thanks for the ride, even though we both had to bail halfway being a pair of "sick notes".

Great to meet more new club members & some more familiar faces, although didn't get much chance to chat.

Will definitely be out as soon as I can but maybe not until March (spring!!) after the next operation.

Gareth
  • Good to see you back, Gareth

And good luck with the op
  • edited January 2016
    Another good turnout for today's sat club ride. Headed west on a sort of version of the ride above, so out to Cardington & back up the pretty tough (on a winter bike anyway) Everton hill & down Northfields.

Ride was all going well until until Vic doomed it by mentioning the P word over and over again at the 1/2 way stop. Still it was all ok cos you could never get them on conti 4 season tyres....... So obviously we had two flats about 5 miles down the road - both on conti 4 season tyres. Nothing to do with the tractor that was cutting a blackthorn hedge of course, clearly it was Vic's 4 seasons curse ;)

Also, today's lesson to learn is that no matter how muddy every other road is, Northfields road is the spinal tap of filth and turned the mud score up to 11 !! Not sure what was going on down there, maybe they are creating some sort of mud factory :) Close run thing to decide if Fin or DaveN were most covered when we got to the end, think Fin might just hav pipped it by turning his white and green bike pretty much totally brown !!

So 40miles @ 16. Thanks all for a great morning and apologies for my dodgy northfields decision. Think that road will be out of bounds till at least May !!
  • Yep good ride, even though I was one of the puncturees - as you say though, nothing to do with me not spotting the thorny twig, all Vic's fault :-)

My bacon-guard (tm) mudflap is now fully operational, so we'll see if that reduces the spray factor at all on Saturday...
  • If it works, will you go into production?..or sell the design?
    Could be mandatory for club rides.....
  • Maybe, but you may not be so keen when you see it!
  • Looking forward to seeing this engineering marvel.

Let's hope that all essence of bacon has been removed, and Tim doesn't turn into some sort of bicycle Pied piper of Ashwell and attract every village/farm dog in a 3 mile radius ;)
  • Streaky or smoked?
  • edited January 2016
    Lol, smoked (of course :-), but in hindsight probably should have gone for gammon - bigger packet you see...

First road test today on the commute and it stayed on, so a promising start so far.