Welcome to the forum

Club night, Tues 2nd Feb 2016, Three Tuns 8pm

edited January 2016 in General
Hello all

Just an early head's up on the next Club night. Tues 2nd Feb. Three Tuns back room. From 8pm onwards. All welcome - members or not.

We will have a triple whammy.

Jamie will be bringing some of his Flamme Rouge bike shop's "toys" that are of note on the shelves of 2016... Expect interesting bikes, super reflective items and more.

I've arranged for Dean Chamberlain, a local sports therapist to do a quick overview of 'common cycling injuries'. It turns out, none of us are getting any younger, so probably relevant to us all.

And Richard will hopefully be able to do another maintenance class.

I expect this will all run between 8.30-9.30pm or so.

thanks

And kit will be for sale too!

Comments

• Hi all

It's a bumper roll-over club night this Tuesday, 2ndFeb. From 8pm.

1. Flamme Rouge goodies on display...
    2. Sports therapist 'common cycling injury' advice
    3. Maynard Maintenance Masterclass

And now, announcing...

the premiere of Tim Spielberg Skelding's CCA Paris-Nice movie. 15 minutes - in glorious HD.

I'll also be around to talk about the Beds Road Reliability Ride on 7th Feb if anyone else fancies it. And March's 3 Cafe Classic.

See you there.
  • Club night - this Tuesday.

Maynard Maintenance Class I think this week is rear mech. Or cassette. Can't remember.

Loads going on this Tuesday. So much so, the UCI are inspecting the session in search of radio frequencies indicative of club night mechanical doping. Looking inside beer pumps for motors and the like.
  • Kit is there too, btw.
  • Looking forward to it
  • it cant possibly compete with flamme rouge, maynard masterclass, skelders epic etc but the cca library will also be there tonight.
    the club has a large collection of 2nd hand cycling books that anyone is welcome to borrow for as long as you want.
  • Brilliant evening, thanks to everyone involved!
  • I agree, another great Club Night.
    Thanks to Martin for organising these, something to look forward to every month.
    Thanks to everyone who gives up their time to make them work too.
  • edited February 2016
    Thanks everyone. 30-40 people at last night's club night. Great atmosphere and good to chat with others.

The video was a highlight, as was riding on Flamme Rouge's electric assisted bike. Like riding a wild horse. Amazing.

All topped off by a midnight chaingang lap. It made sense at the time.

Next month, is Tuesday 1st March, St David's Day. Like buses: Another sports therapist will be coming over - this time from Flamme Rouge. So likely a few more goodies to look at too.

The ever informative Maynard Maintenance Class will be looking at rear mechs.

There'll be talk of the season ahead. Kit for sale. And detail about the club trip to Belgium.

thanks.

null