Welcome to the forum

Saturday 06th Feb 9.30am club ride

edited February 2016 in Club runs
Hmmmmmm, ok another tricky one weather wise tomorrow.......could just be a duvet morning.......

Possibly rain from the west, so an easterly direction would be best. How about some of the mysterious lanes around Langley in a reverse direction for a change?

Ashwell-Reed-Anstey-Langley-Elmdon-Fowlmere-Shepreth-Bassingbourn-Ashwell

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/979702817

Happy to go with an alt plan if anybody has a better suggestion?

Comments

• I've got stuff to do tomorrow so won't be out unfortunately, which is a shame as I like that route. Looks like a lot of rain coming in...
  • BBC weather suggests strong winds from the south, getting stronger as the morning goes on. So if the last hour or so of the ride is heading north we could get a fantastic tailwind. Clearly I've no idea how that could relate to David's suggestion above!
  • Urm, prob more of a south westerly direction on the way back in so could be a slog......

Could have a rethink on the route when we get to Elmdon, with an alt return back into Barkway then, Reed, Sandon, Slip end. Will def be a tailwind then.
  • edited February 2016
    I'm full of cold so probably staying under the duvet this week, unless I feel signifcantly better tomorrow morning....
  • Weather looks horrendous tomorrow. Really could do with a ride but maybe u need to think shortish ride heading south initially ?
  • Sunday looks much better so will take a rain check tomorrow
  • I am a sucker for punishment so will be there. How about you original route David in reverse?
  • Probably won't see you tomorrow, especially if you're going east - I need to be back earlyish. But with weather forecast landing heavy raining just in the morning, the duvet may win anyway.
  • edited February 2016
    Busy this weekend doing Granddad duties!
    Have a good ride hope it's not too soggy.
  • edited February 2016
    Bit too windy & wet this morning for me, so turbo it is.

Enjoy if you are out, take care in those gusts.