Welcome to the forum

Saturday 13th Feb 9.30am club ride

edited February 2016 in Club runs
As we didn't get round to doing the route last week due to storm whatever it was, lets have another crack at this route tomorrow

'mysterious lanes around Langley in a reverse direction'

Ashwell-Reed-Anstey-Langley-Elmdon-Fowlmere-Shepreth-Bassingbourn-Ashwell

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/979702817

If it's too baltic then there is the option to slightly shorten at Elmdon and come back via Chishill etc

As always, happy to go with an alt plan if anybody has a better suggestion?

Comments

• Sounds good! Planning to be there!
  • Thanks for the ride today guys .... and for dragging me round. Nice to be out on the bike again, even if the weather was naff!

Bob
  • edited February 2016
    Pretty impressive turnout yesterday on a right challenging day weather wise. 15 of us headed out to the Langley 'Bermuda triangle' to see if I could successfully navigate my way around. Turns out I could - well almost!

Once we had successfully escaped the triangle (and discovered a road that was now a river along the way) it was down, up and down to Elmdon and then down, down, down to Folwmere, with an awesome tailwind wafting us all the way back to Ashwell.

So 41 challenging miles @ a shade under 16 in cold, icy drizzle! Good character building stuff, well done team !
  • Thanks for navigating the route David. Only the odd minor moment.
    No Garmins needed here!

Good group out and the weather was not too bad. The road / river was interesting!

Nice run in after crossing the A505.

Cheers
    Peter