Welcome to the forum

Sunday 9am club run

edited February 2016 in Club runs
9 am Sunday club run this week. Route to be confirmed depending on the weather. 2.5 hours, 30 - 40 miles.

Strictly at the pace of the slowest.

Meet out side the Tuns as usual.

Mark.

Comments

• Thanks for this Mark

Both boys and I enjoyed this. Sorry my 2 punctures slowed things down. Hope you enjoyed your speedy ride home.

Stuart
  • 8 out for a trip south, Ardeley, Great Munden, Watton at Stone and back up via Walkern.

Strong riding by Noah and Felix.

A bit breezy! 33ish miles, 2 punctures, no cake (maybe next time) and good garmin etiquette. Although there was a fitbit discussion, not sure if that counts as antisocial?

Enjoyed that, thanks.
    Mark.
  • We saw you coming through Dane End, looked like some nice tidy riding!
  • The fitbit discussion was while we were stopped for a bar so does not count as anti social.
  • Thanks Mark, enjoyed it, no Fitbit talk next time - promise.

Scott.
  • Really glad to see this ride being put back centre stage and giving a platform for youth riders to get into club road riding. I used to run these and they are a really good way for adult riders who haven't the fitness to go faster or further or for coming back after illness or injury to ride at an easy pace. Also for parents to actually ride with their kids rather than just chaperoning them from one event to another and then not having any opportunity to ride as well. I often found that the youth riders had better group riding skills than the adults having been through the track coaching and were a good influence on older riders.
    Great initiative Mark, Tim and Daniel. Long may this continue.
  • Nice one Stuart! :)