Welcome to the forum

8am Saturday 27 Feb

edited February 2016 in Club runs
Looking good to be out for the next couple of weeks.... starting this Saturday. See you there!

Comments

• Hope to make it. Have been out if action for a while. Not sure I have stamina but will give it a go. Might meed to cheat with a good bike
  • edited February 2016
    Should be out this Saturday.
    Waiting for Phil to post options on routes.....
    JP
  • Out as well, although doing the Peterborough Reliability Ride on Sunday so may not do the full miles.
    See you at 8 with the right bike and the right tyres hopefully.
  • options.....

1 = **NEW** The Cog at Tring followed by Toms Hill at Aldbury = currently 87 miles
    2 = Blue Egg and back = 70 miles
    3a = Quick Grafham = 61 miles
    3b = Long Grafham = 70'ish miles
    4 = Harold/Odell Country Park route = 76 miles
    5 = NEWISH = Ringstead (NICE TEAROOM)/ Raunds = 80miles
    6 = Cambs, Beds, Herts (Emilys at 47miles ) loop anticlockwise = 76 miles
    7 = Ramsey 105 miles.....flat......clockwise
    8 = something else = some miles
    9 = Off Road
    10 = pub

my preference is number 6.....which keeps us closer to Ashwell for those who may want to do a reduced ride....
  • I'll be there as well
  • edited February 2016
    number 6 =

Croydon HILL
    Everton HILL
    Mox HILL (sort of…)
    MeppersHILL
    SHILLington
    Hexton HILL
    Lilley = top of Hollybush HILL
    EmHILLys Tea Rooms
    Knobworth (robbie)
    The HILLY drag out of Watton
    White HILL in Walkern
    RedHILL

= 2520ft
  • Phil

got the morning off work for a change and need to get some miles in but 76 might be to much at the mo.

Not been out much so i might meet you on route maybe Meppershall area if thats ok.

Cheers

Strappy
  • Scrappy - you'll be fine.
    Suggest you start at the Tuns and bail out later if needed.
    Good to see you.
    JP
  • guess we will be getting to MeppersHILL between 9.45 and 10.00.....it's 32 miles into the route
  • I'm no longer able to ride. Kid duties unfortunately.
    Will try and get out pm and Sunday instead. Darn shame. Darn shame. Hope to make a Saturday ride soon.
    Right now it is all about getting any riding in.
    Have a good ride.
  • Boys

Will start at the tuns and see how i go might bail out at your coffe stop and go up preston hill.

See you there.

Strappy
  • 7 out
    76 miles as advertised
    avg 17.5
    cold
  • edited February 2016
    Thanks Phil - another good route.
    A quick pace given the hills.
    Think I'll be asleep on the sofa this afternoon.
    JP
  • Phil

Thanks for the route phil legs were starting to go heading into whitwell , then i had a headwind most of the way home.

Sorry for not doing much on the front but thats usual for me finished not far behind you 73.51 @ 17.6 .

Be back to Sunday next week.

Strappy
  • Good to be back with me cycling buddies... top route with a few lumps and bumps.
    Now for some chewie trappist nectar.
  • that sounds like a fairly brisk ride given the wind. The Phil engine must have been on full steam today.
  • Not just Phil, everyone at the front looked in shape. Only joined the 8am cca train at Whitwell and all I could do was hang on :-) Anyway, thanks all for the rhythm and the ride.
  • Enjoyed the first 45 miles, and then started to feel a little under the weather having caught daughters cold. Verdict on the chain jumping was that the Chain and Top chain ring heavily worn, and chain not actually engaging properly on the chain ring. Was getting a touch frustrating when under load on the hills.

Thanks the pull Phil and the route, and thank you for coming back to enquire if all was ok.