Welcome to the forum

Saturday 27th Feb 9.30am club ride

edited February 2016 in Club runs
Last ride of winter (spring officially starts on March 1st) with a warning of a 'beast from the east' from the BBC weather..........hmmmmmmm

So, lets head out in an easterly direction & hopefully get blown back to Ashwell. How about a reverse of the mini-egg route

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/668691726

Ashwell-Therfield-Barkway-Gt Chishill-Wendens Ambo/Newport-Brent Pellham-Buntingford-Sandon-Ashwell

See you all in the morning,

Comments

• Have a good one guys. Eldest child is visiting from uni so will be on fatherlying duties.
  • edited February 2016
    See ya in da morning!
  • Sorry, not out tomorrow. Hope to catch up with some of you at the dinner tomorrow night though. Have a good ride.
  • I should be there tomorrow, but may do an intermediate type ride as I am out of condition (implying I ever have been in condition.
  • Hoping to make this. We'll see!
  • edited February 2016
    12 out this morning for the reverse mini egg. Always wondered why we have never done it this way around, but we found out this morning.......it's much harder in reverse!

So it was uphill into a headwind all the way to Chishill then a rolling route to Newport (the posh one, not the one in S Wales!). Amazingly though as predicted, it was a glorious tailwind all the way back from there with the road from Hare Street to Buntingford being the highlight of the route.

Quick return through Sandon to pay homage to the sadly deceased goose (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-35674882) before a wind up back to Ashwell via Slip end.

So 43 miles at a shade under 16. Oh and the 'beast from the east' was more of a 'friendly puppy from the North Sea' !!

Thanks all for a fun morning. 1st ride of Spring next week :)
  • Really enjoyable ride today, thanks everyone. So nice to have dry roads as well.
  • Thanks for the ride Dave. Great blast heading home with the tailwind!