Welcome to the forum

Cycling holiday Alps - August 2016

edited March 2016 in General
Dear All,

I am planning a cycling trip to the Alps this August and thought I would post this on the forum to see if there are any others interested.

The plan is to stay in the village of St Jean de Sixt, which 50 minutes to 1 hour from Geneva and sits between the ski villages of La Clusaz and Le Grand Bornand (previous TDF stages finishes and on this years route which finishes in Megeve).

There good cycling options, routes from the chalet. Col. de Aravis, de Columbiere, Semnoz, Annecy. I have some pdf routes I can email.

The holiday company that is being used is Bikeweekender, which is the summer activity of the company I have used for about 7 ski holidays. Bikeweekender.com (website currently under being rewritten), but gives a flavour. The skiweekender.com website gives more details of the accommodation (Aravis Lodge).

They are offering Monday to Thursday short break options or week long either Thursday to Thursday or Saturday to Saturday trips.

I am currently thinking of Thursday 18th August departure for a week, the mid week flights are cheaper, currently around £50 each way.

Costs below (excluding flights)

4 day “Lite” Weekends – Thursday to Monday
£375pp Basic Price
£350pp if 6+ people travelling together
£325pp if 12+ people travelling together

7 day “Lite” Week – Thursday or Saturday start dates
£600pp Basic Price
£550pp if 6+ people travelling together
£500pp if 12+ people travelling together4 day “Lite” Weekends – Thursday to Monday.

The above includes:
Airport transfers
Accommodation
Half board catering
Maps and GPS routes
Emergency back up

Bike hire is available if required, they have a fleet of SCOTT CR1's.

Let me know if your interested and whisper me your email and I can email the route PDFs I have been sent. I have also have the link to the new website, which people can have a look at the next club night.

Martin

Comments

• Keen

What week are you thinking?

N
  • Nathan, I was thinking of flying out on 18th August.
  • i have a house near there and will be around with my family at that time feel free to drop by, and I will have my bike with me of course. There are some lovely rides near there. I'm on the other side of the col des Aravis in the village of Flumet. BTW if anyone is interested in staying at my place when I'm not there I do rent it out (discount for CCA members of course!).
  • edited March 2016
    I'm interested. Would prefer to go earlier though eg June ... be nice to come home feeling superfit and have another couple of summer* months to enjoy it

* summer means hot sunny days with very little rain, just in case (like me) you're wondering if somebody's mis-programmed 'spring' and if he/she's about to mess up our summer weather as well
  • Martin - I'm interested.
    Whispered you my email.
    JP
  • Jeremy,

Have sent you an email.