Welcome to the forum

RTTC Classic series - Little Mountain TT

edited April 2016 in Time Trial
Myself, Daniel D, and Jackie all travelled to Worcester for this event run by Beacon RC. 2nd claim member, John Polak was also there, now riding for Cotswold Veldrijden so it was very good to catch up with him and his young family.

The toughest event in the series, 39.4 miles and 3000 ft of climbing with 2 particularly steep and testing hills to negotiate.

Jackie had a stunning race, once again mixing it with all the sponsored teams, not only winning the Women vet (40+) for the 3rd time in a row but also placing 5th in the overall Womens event and 5th in vet (men & women) on target time. One more win and she has wrapped up the Women vet series for the second year running. It cannot be overstated the extent of her achievements at National level.

CCA results

Jackie Field 1:54:07
John Polak 1:55:48 (road bike)
James McKenzie 1:58:39 (7th on target time)
Daniel Doncaster 2:12:58 (road bike)

I'm not sure but Stuart might possibly have some pictures

Comments

• Great rides from John and James, but an incredible one from Jackie. Really fist rate - many congratulations Jackie.

This event is super hard. My mind simply dribbled out of my head at about 27 miles; I had no idea who I was or what I was doing. Still my minute man woke me up (plus the 1 in 5 gradient of Ankerdine Hill). My legs really hurt now!

Good to catch up with John and I am delighted James has put the bad luck of puncturing last year behind him.

Roll on the cyclocross season!
  • Great to catch up with John and get a CCA team out for this one. well done to James who raced on Saturday as well in the N&DCA (glutton for punishment) and Daniel who did really well to race after having tonsillitis at the start of the week!
    A really tough course constantly up and down with the down hill bits being just as scary as the up hill bits - hit over 44 mph on one descent - pedalling not required:-). A huge field out for this ride. Anyone who likes hills should try this next year as plenty of riders on road bikes as well as TT.
    Quick recovery needed for Cumbria (RTTC 4) next week now.

Jackie
  • Well done all

It's also really good to see a bit of recognition for times achieved on 'road bike'
  • Well done guys great efforts all round.

Jackie, wow.....
  • it hurts just reading this :-) well done everyone especially Jackie.
  • You'd not know how well Jackie went from the first words out of her mouth upon re-entering the HQ. She had a mechanical with a dropped chain (sort it out Stuart! :)) and lost maybe 30 seconds putting it right. And still absolutely nailed it. Big respect.

Fantastic to see everyone, we had a proper CCA post-race conflab, only slightly disturbed by my daughter insisting no-one could sit on her chair(s). Much like the Masai claim ownership of all the world's cattle, she thought all your chairs are belong to us.

Was delighted to find I was third fastest old man on a slow bike this morning, made the ouchy legs feel a bit better.

There are now pics on Kimroy's site

- http://www.kimroy-photography.co.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=482110

and some stunners on the Beacon Google Drive, from which they produce the prints each and every competitor gets in the post, together with a lovingly produced results booklet. Yet another thing that makes this race magic and really rather special.

- https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPvCCEv0-L74O_iyseJAWp1qSlU5jQoXNo7YbXseF3emdCyu1A3cioVF6YeYXA-nQ?key=cWNnZm9uamFRSnBxbjFITUtNa0d0SXdfb3NWUldR