Welcome to the forum

Chain gang... Tues 26th April, 7.30pm Three Tuns

edited April 2016 in Chain gangs
Hi gang

Meet up at the Tuns, 7.30pm. But I will likely see you somewhere around Steeple Morden junction, around 7.35pm.

2 laps. Lights. Let's try and keep it smooth and together. Let's try the single file idea as we leave Litlington and go around the speed bump?

Hopefully dry. Interesting northerly breeze. Cold. But let's pretend we're in Majorca.

Comments

• hope to be there.
  • I am planning on coming straight from work.
  • Yes... see you there
  • I'll be at The Tuns for 19:30. Daniel
  • wont be able to make it tonight sadly, but be aware that there are lots of potholes on the section leading up to South Farm and the repairs on the section after South Farm are terrible and coming out already.

Be safe!
  • aiming to be there, mudguards on

that section ^ is awful, if I remember from riding it about a month ago. might be worth neutralising it (ie we still press on but forget the rotation - too dangerous)
  • Will be there for a medio group!
  • what is the weather like over there? We have dark skies and hail
  • Forecast improving all the time. Wind easing back. Now westerly. 22.3231% chance of rain.

Jump on Pete: it's totes medio I reckon tonight. It'll be great.

Daniel bailing out poorly.

See you around steeple/huffers.
  • Looking west near Luton airport. Looks all fine. Bit cold.
  • I cant make this now, I am stuck at work and having to work late. Sorry
  • Sunny in Ashwel... see you there
  • Pah! Knew this would happen. Hope you all had a good one. Hope to be there next week.
  • Two laps on a nippy dry evening... five riders tested the route. All good and ready for more.
  • 5 out, Robbie, Nathaniel, Martin H, Martin L and myself. Stats to follow from Martin.
    When Robbie says it's sunny it doesn't mean it's warm. Big glove mistake by me. But strangely my fingers were warmer on lap 2.
    Really smooth thanks guys (especially when I missed a couple of turns). Set the standard for the remainder of the summer!
  • edited April 2016
    Lap 1: 21.3mph
    Lap 2: 21.4mph
    Sunny, dry, light wind, absolutely freezing. Martin H's Garmin was measuring 1 degree C at the end.
    Very good chaining, kept it together up the hill. Nat wondering where the sprint was: but we just kept on rotating.
    Singling out in Litlington sorted the speed bumps.
    Likewise, thanks for the heads up on the holes at South Farm.
    Great stuff. More to come!
  • Fantastic! Smooth ride.
  • I enjoyed that chaps except the cold, 15 mins of hot aches when the blood decided to risk circulating to my toes. Garmin said 0.5 degrees when we got back to the Tuns. Singling out for the speed bumps worked well and the is safe option. See you next week.