Welcome to the forum

Monthly club night, Tues 6th Sept 2016, Three Tuns, 8pm onwards

Hi all

The club night this week was as good as ever. Lots of banter, kit and bike chat flying about.

Just an early head's up that September's club night is a Leg Wax special, featuring beauty technician Sallie.

We are looking for a volunteer who is looking for '19 seconds' (as according to the Stuart Field TT Timing Study 2016) and is willing to get waxed 'live'. They will be charged just £6 to cover costs - normally £20.

I'm sure Sallie can fit others in too on the night at normal price, if there's demand. I suppose we should pretend it's a discussion around aerodynamics. But come on down just to spectate whatever.

Comments

• Calm down! Back off! One at a time for the Leg Wax special...

Seriously, we still need a volunteer for Tues 6th Sept. The Club will cover costs: so it's FREE. Can't say fairer than that.

It occurs to me there seems to be much interest in Cyclocross as we enter the autumn. Does anyone want to do a Q&A on this topic? I can bring my CX bike down and we can compare each other's Leaps of Faith in the pub garden?

See you Tues 6th Sept.

And in other news... I hope to announce a really special Club Night guest soon for Tues 1st Nov.
  • edited August 2016
    CX discussion would be right up my street Martin, I'm on the lookout for my first CX bike and rejoining the club for some CX racing. A nose at some bikes would be useful.

Chris
  • Does any seasoned CX rider want to step in with a few words of wisdom at the next club night? Talk through our Eastern Cross league and the races on offer? Bring over their machines? It sounds like there's a bit of interest...

A reminder... here are details of CCA's fixtures in the Eastern Cross League;
    easterncross.org.uk/index.htm

Looking out for a CX bike? I got mine from their facebook. There's a steady stream of bikes for sale going on there…
    https://facebook.com/groups/EasternCross/

Finally: note CCA's league fixture is Sun 9th Oct this year. Volunteers and marshals will I'm sure be very welcome...
  • Martin,

I can do 6th September - assuming I count as well seasoned?

Mark.
  • edited August 2016
    Hi Mark. That's great. Thank you.

So. I hope to see you all there Tues 6th Sept for a load of hints and tips all about cyclocross from Mark.

Sallie can't make the evening now: so live leg waxing and aftercare exfoliation hints and tips will have to wait til December's club night. Fellas.
  • Bringing this to the top: club night. This Tuesday 6th sept. All welcome: members or not.

All the usual banter and chance to talk with other riders... And Mark will do a little talk and Q&A on all things Cyclocross as well as the Eastern league the club are in this winter.

I expect that will start around 8.30. Everything very informal.

Cheers
  • Around 20 or more over at the Tuns to hear Mark Wyer's insightful talk on cyclocross, techniques, tips, the Eastern Cross league, history, where to spray yer furniture polish and more. Thank you.

Good chat too about what's coming up this month... Brogborough CCA 10TT 17 Sept (I think the rider registration deadline may have just passed, but helpers and marshals very welcome)... CCA cyclocross 9th Oct, Wells, Belgium, interclub Hill Climb over at the Clappers 2 Oct. and the CCA hill climb date is TBC. It might be early Nov...

Apologies no kit last night. Good to see Mark B last night. Hopefully we can have the stuff next time.

Mark Wyer will do a similar talk to the cyclocross one soon, maybe December, this time on Touring. Sure to be a popular topic.

Cheers!