Welcome to the forum

CCA Wells-Next-The-Sea 123 Classic, Fri 9th Sept 2016

Comments

• Is there room for 1 more?
  • Of course Emma!

Anyone can just rock up on Friday morning. All welcome.

8am kwaffee.
    8.30am we ride.
  • Sandie is driving up to Wells to pick me up and we will have space for another rider and bike if anyone wants a lift home.
  • Unfortunately back still not 100% so will do the sensible thing and not do this ride
    Sure you will have a great time
    Another time
    James
  • Dave
    I don't think I'll need a lift, but if possible do you have the means for Sandie to transport some tap water to Wells?
    It would save us a fortune compared to buying expensive bottled water in the chippy.
  • Sorry Vic but might be difficult as I don't know where Sandie will be until I get there and phone her. She may not be able to park anywhere near the chip shop.
  • No problem, it was just a thought.
  • edited September 2016
    Martin, managed to clear the diary. Very pleased with myself indeed. See you all tomorrow. looking forward to seeing Matt's torpedo beer holster again. probably wont be following suite though. Oh joy its the Wells ride tomorrow.
  • Mush them up and stick up the handle bars for munching later I say.
    Trade you for an energy bar?
  • edited September 2016
    Lovely morning for it. An hour and a half on the way out in a nice tidy group with a tail wind... 2 hours back on my own. Should have just carried on with you all... Hope you're avoiding the rain!
  • To Steve and Suzy. Found your gloves in the car. If you want to secret message me with Steve's or your address we could drop them off.

• Thanks everyone for a great day!
    Sorry I chickened out for the last 30 to K/L.
  • edited January 2018
    Thanks Martin, great day out and thanks to Jess for saving me two beers at the station.
  • Great day out - thanks Martin, and everyone's wheel I sucked today.
    Only downside was the jobsworth station employee throwing cyclists off a nearly empty train.
    He chucked me off, but I snuck back on and kept my head down until the train left King's Lynn.
    Hope everyone got back home.
  • Really well organised and rightly popular season 'closer'. Big thanks to @Martin L and also a belated happy 50th to @Stef as well as personal thanks for his assistance with 2 punctures .... Both strategically timed to aid @jeremybates recovery! :-)

We clearly blew the minds of the train employees with the concept that an empty train could accommodate bikes!! Unbelievable... Did get a PB back from Baldock to Ashwell tho so not all bad.
  • Great ride. Thanks to everyone for tolerating my fixed induced cramp and especially @Vincent F for the running repairs on my legs at Narborough. Looking at the Garmin the temperature was nearly twice as hot as last year - global warming!
  • Like to echo comments above - thanks Martin for organising another great CCA day out.
    Need to thank Martin and MattS for the drinks and nibbles at the lunch stop.
    Sunshine, tailwind and all the old traditions of this ride respected.
    Managed to avoid punctures but caught up in the train/bike/guard problems.
    Some lessons learned for next year.

Hats off to SteveJ for completing the return ride to Ashwell.
  • Yes, as above, thanks to everyone involved in this, extremely enjoyable. I think we'll probably have gained a new member in Steve Douglas too! Not sure Matt's refreshment really refreshed me, but was too tempting to turn down!!

Hope everyone all got home safely........I'm staying on until Baldock next year!!!!!
  • the queue for ice cream in Wells....
  • another great day out, loads of blue jerseys - thanks to all who took part for contributing to a fantastic ride, and especially martin and matt.
    not a bad first ride for the decade ahead....
  • Martin - Pork Pie and Music legend! Another true classic day to Wells. The ride to Kings Lynn never fails to be character building stuff!

Transit van on order for next year to ship the bikes back!
  • Echo all of the above. A great day out. Thanks everyone!
  • Outrageously good fun! Thanks very much for organising! Hope the guy I pushed up that hill > fancy house got round ok?!

10 mile road - beautiful...
  • Great day out. Thanks to all especially the bearers of food and drink. it's a bizarre thing to sit in an office all week and then ride a marathon with over 30 other people all enjoying the same experience. That tail wind was a dream.
  • Marginal gains: getting an extra bit of speed from the sonic waves of Talking Heads...

• Great day out... thanks all! Respect to the Gene Wilder badgers: Susie, who had never done more than 70 or so miles before... Jeremy B, ditto, but I believe something like never done more than 40! Matt for lugging litres of French wine to Narborough. With hangover. And well done everyone for getting around safely. I've got several badges: I'll bring them to club night, or just drop by. Cheers!

• Brilliant! The eagle has landed!
  • Fantastic. We can put men in space but dont try and take a bike on a train...