Welcome to the forum

CCA Open 10 mile TT N&DCA, Sat 17 Sept.

edited September 2016 in Time Trial
The last race in the N&DCA series takes place on Saturday 17th September pm and is once again to be promoted by CC Ashwell.

N&DCA 10 Mile TT (10 of 10)

As in previous years this will be on the F15 Brogborough course (the one normally used for the Inter club 10)
Last year Justin won in a large field which included 11 club riders, it would be great to see an even bigger showing in this year's race - all welcome.

In addition we will need to provide several marshals in order to run the event. Please sign up below to help on the day, the race starts at 2pm, many thanks.

Helpers for N&DCA event

Comments

• Have put my name down James
  • Happy to repeat last year i.e. get an early start and then help push off or whatever else needs doing
  • Sandie and I are available to help.
  • Myself & Janet are signed up
  • I,m signed in
    rob
  • edited September 2016
    19 CCA signed up to ride which is fantastic. We have a total of 127 entries.

Marshals and helpers

Tim D
    Stef D
    Jeremy P
    Stuart F
    Andrew R
    Roz M
    David & Sandie N
    Michael M (+ riding)
    Will S (+riding)
    James D (+riding)
    Gareth D (+riding)
    James M (+ riding!)
  • James, I'm riding but also willing to help if you need me?

Gareth
  • Entered! First ever proper TT!
  • I'm in, good turnout by the looks of it
  • edited September 2016
    Start information and times available:

N&DCA start info
  • edited September 2016
    Brilliant event James. Does great credit to the club.

Some pics that I took of CCA. Sorry did not get you all.

Also well done to Adam. Good too see you riding again. You must be pleased with sub 23.30?

Results Board

Sky show at the last roundabout

• Great work James for a fantastic event. I was reminded today of the selflessness of the marshalls, some of whom gave up their own Saturday ride to help out - thank you. Nice to see so many CCA riders, and a good number of PBs too I think? Looking forward to the all-important sweepstake results!
  • Provisional results for Ashwell riders. From my point of view a fantastic club day with awesome support all round, proud to be part of CCA.

Will, Chris and Brendan get prize for 2nd team with a faster combined time than each of the last 2 year's efforts. Prizes go down to 8th overall in this event so very well done Will & Chris.

4. 20:56 William Smith +0:19
    8. 21:18 Chris Potter +0:46
    19. 22:01 Brendan Ronayne +0:23
    26. 22:16 Gareth Davies +0:07
    29. 22:22 Jason Stuart +0:14
    41. 22:53 Michael Martin
    41. 22:53 Jackie Field +0:17 -1st Lady, 1st X cat
    54. 23:22 James McKenzie +0:29
    56. 23:24 David Wells +0:40
    59. 23:28 Adam Swan
    61. 23:33 Adam Challis
    69. 24:17 Noah Field +0:46 - 2nd Junior
    72. 24:29 Emma Koppe +0:17 - 3rd lady
    80. 25:06 Gareth Lewis -0:10
    88. 25:58 Jennifer Andrews +0:17
    98. 27:08 Robert Bumstead -1:19
    99. 27:11 Mark Constable - off course

James Davis and Janet Bassett were unable to start due to injuries get well soon Janet hope you have a speedy recovery. James turned his attention to studying form and was the only one to back joint handicap winner Chris.

Bad luck to MC, I'm sure we'll get the full story in Belgium.
  • Thanks everyone who marshalled really enjoyed it. Some great results on a day I didn't think would be quick.

I'm pleased to finish with a pb & a new ftp, even though I had to stop for a mechanical in the first few hundred yards (chain back came off & reinstalling the power meter).
  • Thank you to Stuart for the photos and all the marshals plus volunteers for making my Saturday afternoon really enjoyable. Had a cracking day. Always said I wouldn't TT but it's getting addictive. Pleased with time thank you, been hard work getting the legs back. Just love cycling though! Well done everyone, some seriously fast people around.
  • Good to see ashwell holding their own at the TTs even at the end of the season and without some of their faster riders there. Some great times yesterday. You should be dead chuffed with that time Adam, great for a road bike. Brendan, you've gotta get yourself a TT bike now, that's really, really quick for a road bike with extensions... Excellent PB from Noah which paid for my McDonald's on the way to my gig. Very much looking forward to some more speedy PBs from everybody next season! Chris P will be flying by then too.

Great organisation from James, as ever. It's a real task to put these events on and takes up a lot of personal time. Thanks to all the volunteers, some expert pushing off going on up there. Thanks for the tips from Robert too! Next time I'll pack a little pushing off mat for my knees.

Also thanks to James and Gareth for the car decorating. I'm glad nobody drove past when I was getting changed with my bike leaning up against the car and that hanging off my wing mirror...
  • Got one last week Will. It was my first ride on it yesterday. It will take time for me to get used to it. I probably need a proper bike fit and a lot of practice. I'm looking forward to next year already! Let's see how close I can get to Will and Chris (very impressive times)!

James (and everyone else who helped out) - thank you for organising. See you all at the hill climb events.
  • Excellent... Bike fits can be a little overrated and very expensive. I had one when I bought my TT bike and it got me in vaguely the right position but advice from other testers in the club made my position much faster...
  • Interesting. Thanks for the advice. I was planning on spending some time on it over the winter, and see where I am next spring with it before deciding on an expensive bike fit. I got myself into a decent position on the road bike just by experimenting. I'm definitely open to advice.
  • I'm not sure how much you'd get out of it if you're good at messing around with your position and getting faster already. It's all common sense. There are some seriously slippery guys in the club. It's worth just having a look at pictures of the fast guys and seeing how your position compares to theirs.
  • Well done guys and girls, glad to see Robert had a crack too...
  • Many thanks all, especially James and the quality starters.
  • Confirmed results now available on the CTT website:

Here

Full categorised N&DCA results with prize winners etc. will follow in due course.
  • I'll declare an interest since I carry out bike fitting professionally in my guise as Full Moo Cycling. I agree with Will that riders can get a long way with optimising their TT position themselves by taking a thoughtful approach and by learning from examples of best practice.

I find that some riders can get into a mess by trying to copy another rider's position where they have different levels of flexibility or strength - or if they are simply different shaped/sized human beings. Others can struggle a bit if they try to adopt a particular riding position too quickly without a period of adaptation.

Many riders have never seen what their position really looks like - photos from races often don't tell the full story. So rope in a friend to take some video footage - not just side-on and head-on views on the turbo, but while making race-level efforts out on the road where you also have to look where you're going, balance and steer.

Mark F