Welcome to the forum

FESTIVE 50s

edited December 2016 in Club runs
Tinsel on your bars... mulled wine hangovers.
It's here again. FESTIVE 50s are easy paced club rides with lots of Ho! Ho! Ho!
Distance 50k plus. 9am start from The Three Tons.
No rigid plan for this year so please post here.
Starting Xmas Eve, Boxing Day through to New Year's Day.

Bank Holiday Monday 27th special after ride treat.
Watch this space for details.

Comments

• Hi Robbie, Thanks for proposing. Xmas Eve (depending on ChrisP's Rapha 500 response), Boxing Day and possibly New Year's Day all possible. Hopefully catch you on at least one of these...
  • Quite interested!

Hoping to make them all. If I can find a comfortable saddle in time I'll be out riding again before then.
  • edited December 2016
    Should be on for the festivities, I've just got a tester fizik saddle
  • Planning to be there tomorrow. Weather looks reasonable.
  • Xmas Eve will be a nice easy ride averaging 16s being the FESTIVE season. Around 50k. See you 9am.
  • edited December 2016
    Ho! Ho! "Twelve riders riding" One broken spoke.
    Good winter ride out into the wind to Old Kebwworth onto Whitwell.... Boxing Day will be flat and easy due to festivities!

On Tuesday 27th I'll have the mobile cycle-cafe offering coffees and mince pies next to Ashwell Pavillion on the recreation ground. Pop along after the ride between 11.30am - 1pm. My treat! All welcome.
  • More carols next time.
  • 27th cafe update... venue tbc (trying to get keys for recreation ground). Watch this space. Merry Xmas!
  • Not out on 26th due to nasty cold. Bad timing. Have a great Boxing Day ride.
  • Aaaargh! Haven't managed to get key access to recreation ground. So pop up cafe cancelled tmw.
  • 5 out today for a two-bridge classic - tail wind on the way back up to the water tower was just what was required. Very unseasonal weather, make the most of it before mr frost turns up again.
  • Cheers all for the tow - I enjoyed that. Pleasure to ride with real people again :-)
  • Cant make today again!!! Aggghhh in Ashwell, but with no bike??!! Family duties completed today though :-)
  • Will be there but running a tad late!
  • Very late! Go witout me!
  • Just leaving hitchin
  • edited December 2016
    So so sorry guys... lots of school boy errors this morning! Not got winter kit ready, bike in lock up, Garmin not working etc etc... oh and it took 15 mins longer than normal to get to Ashwell !!
    HOW COLD THOUGH ???!!!! But some glorious views :-) AND the roads were surprisingly Ok... considering it was -6°C .. gulp ... even my shades frosted over haha

Tomorrow i WILL be on time!!!
  • edited December 2016
    Was stunning! We veered away from the mist and went out to the Gransdens. No ice on the road but plenty of frost. All safely back. Well worth getting out of bed for! As planned... 16s and roughly 50k.
  • edited December 2016
    Edit ... Havea good ride ... !
  • Valve snapped when I went to let out air which let out more than required...nearly went home altogether but managed a good ride...hope I didn't hold you up...and that you had a nice trouble free ride!

• Sorry Carmelo.

Went back and had a look for you when we realised you weren't with us but obviously didn't go back far enough.
  • edited December 2016
    Another fresh festive 50.... out to Barrington, Duxford then Fowlmere. Trickiest bit was getting out of Ashwell then well gritted roads and sunshine.

Looks unlikely I'll have the time to ride tmw - family visiting.
  • I have my boys tonight so unlikely out either
  • Not sure if anyone else was out as I didn't get to the Tuns till 9:03.
    Carried on solo for a fifty out through Hinxworth to Shefford, Ireland, Cople, Sandy and back through Steeple.
    Very cold today showing -5 when I rode over to Ashwell and freezing mist once I'd past Hinxworth which didn't let up till Steeple on the way back.
  • sorry to hear about cold guys..sounds like the rides going well....been glorious up here, cold but sunny and clear. Sadly not been riding. Back crocked so been unable to do much at all for 6 days. Just beginning to ease off so might get a run out soon. Happy new year to you all.
  • It would seem the festive 50 tomorrow will be Dave's 9.30 ride- see you then
  • Only just seen Sirlez's post, need to be back in Hitchin by 12 so will be sticking to a 09:00 start
  • edited December 2016
    Gritty 60k loop via Hexton and Lilley via a coffee stop : )
  • Need to drive daughter back to Uni so wont be out.