Welcome to the forum

Saturday 31st December 9.30am NYE club ride

edited December 2016 in Club runs
Back from my travels, and in need of a spin in the countryside to burn off the industrial quantities of turkey & roasted veg I've consumed over the festive period :)

How about a re-run of the route we did back in November which finally found the road to Dudenhoe end !

Bit of a flat warmup, before some hillocks to finish..........

Ashwell-Barrington-Shepreth-Elmdon-Langley-Anstey-Therfield-Ashwell (41 miles)

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1362365437

Should be ice free according to the forecast, but will go for plan B if its looking frozen

See you in the morning for a game of spot the Christmas cycling pressies !!

Comments

• Plan to be there Dave. Simon Morris
  • Sounds good, looking forward to it.
  • Tim - will call by @ 08:50, Dave
  • Not going to make it out tomorrow, have a good ride!
  • A festive dozen of us out this morning for a post Christmas 3 counties blast.

Def some festive 50 power on display as we zipped along at a right pace to fowlmere. As it now traditional, we deviated from the route above and took possibly the most broken up road in Cambridgeshire as a back route to Elmdon. And it also had some sort of cliff half way along it too. Great views from the top though.

Then it was a winding route through the byways of Essex where we mysteriously picked up JMac. Still have no idea where he appeared from :)

Another deviation via Buckland to Therfield and thankfully downhill all the way to Ashwell as my legs had given up the ghost by then. Clearly an excess of roasted veg is a rubbish cycling fuel !!

So finally tally even with deviations was 41 super muddy miles @ 16

Thanks for a great morning and happy new year all :)