Welcome to the forum

CCA Club Dinner and Awards, Sat 25th Feb 2017.

edited February 2017 in General
Hello everyone

DON'T MISS OUT!

Saturday, 25th Feb 2017 evening at The Three Tuns, Ashwell, for our end of season awards and Club evening.

Like last year, we have arranged exclusive use of the nice dining room just for us. It will be a sit-down 3-course affair, in between the giving out of awards and maybe a silly little mini quiz around dessert time. The food at the Tuns is excellent. I'll arrange a menu later and confirm price - once the new managers have moved in end of Jan.

The evening is a lovely opportunity to chat with other members without having to catch your breath on downhills, as well as cheer all those that have achieved bicycle greatness over the last 12 months. Maybe you've even won a gong: so pick it up in style. Of course, the invite extends to other halves and friends. The emphasis is on celebration and thanks - everyone welcome.

The room has a limit on numbers - I'll assume 47 places for now - and we'd rather keep us all together than spilling out to the other side of the pub.

So, please put your name down on the doodle here if you would like to come;

http://doodle.com/poll/62iq4v7evyxqx4w7

Once menu confirmed, I can confirm ticket price. It's likely £30 per person. I just thought we should do this now so people can organise their February sooner than later.

First come, first served. Max 47 people. Further details to follow.

Comments

• In relation to this, I have two trophies to return, just let me know where to take them and to whom, don't want the new winners having nothing to hold over their heads on the night!! Mitchy (07970080234)
  • Hi all

The places for the dinner are filling up nicely. As soon as we can talk to the new managers of the Tuns we can confirm maximum seating. Last year it was 47. So anyone 48th or more on the Doodle list may miss on din-dins.

Of course: the pub is open that night as usual, so casually dropping in at any point in the evening is fine.

Put your name(s) down here;

http://doodle.com/poll/62iq4v7evyxqx4w7
  • Hi all. Quick point... the Club dinner is now at the Bushel & Strike in Ashwell.

We will use their function room. It can hold more than 45 people and the 3 course meal is a very reasonable £25. It'll be great.

Still plenty of time to add your name.

I will set up a menu option doodle in good time.

Cheers.
  • It's gonna be great. It really is. CCA first!
  • edited February 2017
    Hi all

Any more people attending - please add your name to the Doodle. Now that we are at the Bushel & Strike back room, we have no pressure on numbers - but we need to know numbers in advance. So see you Saturday evening 25th February. Timings for the actual dinner approx 8.30pm. I expect we'll see people turn up from 7-7.30pm.

Now is the time to pay, please...

PAY NOW
    Tickets are £27.50 each, with 10% tip included, for a three-course meal. Ideally, pay into the Club accounts directly by t’internet banking.
    •Sort code: 20 – 41 - 12
    •Account number: 20382167
    •Please reference the words: DINNER + your surname

Note: We won’'t send a confirmation. We can also accept cheques, payable to ‘Cycle Club Ashwell’ but would prefer not to. If paying by cheque, please bring on the night and hand over to Martin L. No cash please.

MENU
    Here is the yumbo France-themed menu! Note the vegetarian/vegan option. If you want the vegetarian/vegan menu: please send an email to me - martin@ccashwell.com

Saturday 25th February 2017
    Bushel & Strike, Mill Street, Ashwell
    01462 742 394

Paté de campagne, légumes marinés, pain grillé au sel de mer et thym
    (Country pork terrine, marinated vegetables, sea salt and thyme toast)

Daube de boeuf à la bourguignon, puree d' pomme de terre, Carotte rôtie
    (Braised beef “Bourguignon”, mashed potato, roasted carrot)

Tarte au citron caramélisé, crème glacée au basilic
    (Caramelised lemon tart, basil ice cream)

Vegetarian/Vegan Menu...
    Let me know in advance if you want this.
    Email - martin@ccashwell.com

Salad de légumes marinés, orange, purée de dattes, amandes grillées
    (Marinated vegetables salad, orange, date puree, toasted almonds)
    (Suitable for Vegans)

Farci de légumes provençaux, épicés de haricots blancs
    (Provencal style Stuffed vegetables, spiced butter beans)
    (Suitable for Vegans)

Tarte au citron caramélisé, crème glacée au basilic
    (Caramelised lemon tart, basil ice cream)
    (Vegetarian)
    or
    Salade de fruits exotiques, sorbet aux fruits de la passion
    (Exotic fruit salad, passion fruit sorbet)
    (Suitable for Vegans)

Please advise Lucy at the Bushel in advance of any allergies or dietary requirements.
    The 10% tip is shared equally amongst all staff.

Cheers!
  • Great Prize winning opportunity.

Please see the UCI World Masters Hour record post for details of the prize raffle to be held at the club dinner.
  • That sounds like 'another beauty'. It's gonna be great..
  • Final call to do one or more things for this Saturday's evening dinner and awards, 25th Feb.

1. If you want to come... Put your name down today, as submitting numbers tomorrow, Tues 21st. Put your name on the Doodle here; http://doodle.com/poll/62iq4v7evyxqx4w7

2. If you want the vegetarian or vegan option - see above - and let me know today;
    martin@ccashwell.com

3. Ideally, pay now. Tickets are £27.50 each, with 10% tip included. Ideally, pay into the Club accounts directly by t’internet banking.
    •Sort code: 20 –- 41 - 12
    •Account number: 20382167
    •Please reference the words: DINNER + your surname

Note: We won’'t send a confirmation. We can also accept cheques, payable to ‘Cycle Club Ashwell’ but would prefer not to. If paying by cheque, please bring on the night and hand over to Martin L. No cash please.
  • edited February 2017
    Hi dinner folk

Saturday...

Feel free to get to the Bushel & Strike as early as you like, but let's say the official gathering time in the back room is 7.30pm.

8pm Award giving starts

8.30pm Dinner starts

9.30pm Silly little quiz starts

It's our room for the whole evening.

I've noted the vegetarians/vegans. If you're not here and wanted this option, let me know;
    jane d
    emma k - vegan
    Linda r
    mark w
    stevei w
    vanessa H - vegan

Oh. Lucy at the pub has ordered in bottles of Rochefort 10 especially. We need to drink them: or the Club has to pay for them. Not cheap. But I don't think it'll be a problem. Last year, you were lucky to get one before they ran out.

• Hi folks

Kit
    I'll bring down the kit this evening: might as well. So if you're thinking of the season ahead and riding in a nice shiny new jersey or bibs, it will all be there to rummage through.

Quiz
    There'll be a silly quiz this evening. As before, the Picture and Wordsearch rounds will be there from the start. Please group into teams: something like 4-6 people per team and have a go at them throughout the evening. After dinner, we'll do the Question round. Then swap papers, mark them and find our winning team.

Without consulting Kit, I reckon the winners get official CCA caps from the kit box. They're really good, WALZ brand handmade in the USA ones. As good, if not better than, Wapha ones. If you don't win one tonight: they're £12 each and we could do with shifting a few to be honest.

A few people are getting there early on, but I think most people are turning up 7.15-7.30pm

Cheers
  • Thanks all for a great evening. Daniel,s tie was fab (fabricated from eastern cross league numbers). Brilliant.
  • I meant to say I paid into the cca account for our two meals just now.
  • Daniels tie was made from EL numbers?! I thought it was a fairly eccentric tie but didnt have a chance to inspect more closely.....brilliant.

Thanks for a good nignt everyone, thought the Bushel did a really good job and we easily saw off the Rochefort.
  • I think my head has just about recovered from the 10's!

Great job by everyone, really fun, enjoyable and slick night. Bushel was spot on... more to come maybe.

Unbelievably funny quiz master Lawless on the mic.

Tim, did you leave a memory stick in my laptop? I'll bring it to rollers anyhow
  • We all really enjoyed the club dinner. A great celebration of the clubs achievements this year. Congrats to all the winners.
    Obviously impressed with Daniels tie but the big news was being able to see his chin skin again.

Not sure what the food was like but the new venue was perfect.

Great atmosphere and organisation.

Huge thanks to Tim and Stef for running the raffle at the end and special thanks to top ticket salesman Martin. The money really started rolling in when he got on the case.

With the generosity of all that took part we raised over 300 pounds. This will go towards the cost of the track time at Derby. The first try out being on the 10th April to work out gear ratios and pace.

Thanks again to Jaime at Flamme Rouge for the donation of the top prizes.
    We hope James Mac, Vincent and Tim enjoy them.

• Thanks everyone who helped make the evening a success. I thought the Bushel did a grand job and I expect we will be back there in 2018. It can seat many more in their function room - so hopefully we can up the numbers and make it a bigger celebration. Any feedback on the format welcome - martin@ccashwell.com

I forgot to take pics during the evening: hopefully there is some record of the winners.

It's the monthly club night next Tuesday, 7th March. Three Tuns. The first Spring one. A good chance to talk about the season ahead now the light is coming back and it's getting warmer.
  • Bit late, but yes thanks to everyone involved, the room looked great and the Bushel worked out really well. A really enjoyable evening - well done to all trophy winners and good news the raffle raised so much.