Welcome to the forum

Early bird ride, Sun 19th Feb, 40-50 miles

Leaving Guilden Morden village hall 6.45am.
Passing Ashwell train station 7am.
Passing Therfield 7.15am ish.

Up to 50 miles back to Guilden. Plenty of opportunities to shorten if needed. Got a cold: looking for a steady pace.

Route;

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/14450814

Comments

• Gotta go later sorry
  • Phew. Made it. Must be insane!
  • edited February 2017
    4 out. Everyone else's earliness out-birded by Andy's 5.45am start in Stevenage. But: it was the morning for it. Warm and mild. Good to see Andy able to put the hammer down with his leg better.

Good to see Jason too. But he had to bail when it turned out his winter bike hadn't survived the winter and front wheel bearings were rusted.

Otherwise, all good and light from the start. More early rides to come for sure.

50mph @ 17.0mph.
  • Cheers chaps - a pleasure as always. It's good to be out riding again.

Judging by the way my legs felt afterwards, the Cafés ride will be interesting :-)
  • Thanks Martin for a good ride into Essex. Andy I forgot to give you your light back? Will do so on next early bird or can drop off at yours if that helps as I take train from stevenage once a week or so? Good to see you well back into fitness.
  • Cheers Vince. Don't worry about the light, I collect them :-) Next early bird would be fine - it'd give me a reason to wake up!
  • Ok cheers. Next weekend is difficult for me but after that I should be out again.